Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The future

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4046
    edited February 2018
    57Deluxe said:
    Sambostar said:

what's Bryan Ferry doing with that chicken?
    He's about to sing "Sentimental Foul"

sorry...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    All very interesting but will we still be using valve amps?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27689
    I like the "human body 2.0 arrives" bit.

I'm going to wait for 2.11 after the bugs in 2.0, and the even more bugs in the hurriedly released fix of 2.01 have been resolved.  At least that process should get rid of all the early adopters.

2.1 introduces the really useful functionality that should really have been in 2.0, but was cut to make the release schedule.

2.11 fixes the bugs in 2.1.

I'll not be quite the "last man standing" because @Phil_aka_Pip is still on Dos v5.0 and hasn't adopted anything "new" since 1982.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'll have you know I installed the latest Debian brew on a virtual machine yesterday!

An elderly gentleman once asked me what prompted my interest in history (I was visiting an ancient site just out of curiosity). What I told him was: I'm disillusioned with the present, and dread the future, so the past is the least objectionable thing to look at. Or words to that effect.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28698
    I hear futurology is due to make great leaps and bounds over the next 20 years.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    The thought of some of that stuff coming true scares the shit out of me.

Really I just want a jetpack or to be able to teleport.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24438
    I just want an intravenous drip of essential nutrients and the orgasmotron.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4305
    Complete and utter tosh. 

We'll be able to travel at greater than the speed of light. Fucking idiot. 

My predictions would be a lot more sensible. 

Nuclear fusion would be producing energy to power the national grid by 2050. By 2099 it will run the whole planet except for those places that generate electricity by solar farms. CO2 scrubbing farms and farmed algal blooms will be operational. Humans will still argue and fight.....mostly about religion though it will be vastly diminished.  
  • Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3073
    edited February 2018
    Its all irrelevent really.....out in space there are at least a billion asteroids just floating around in the same space as our little planet orbits.......one day one will cross our path and hit us, pretty much impossible to track or predict, or destroy in space.......the impact is likely to be as large as all the combined nuclear warheads in existence.....not good, the first we are likely to know is when our amosphere in front of it is being compressed to the point of burning, it will strike one second later. Its unlikely that much will survive......life is pretty resilient, so something might, but the planet will be FUBAR.....
    Probably.....
    Buy that guitar you are gassing for!
    Have a nice day!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    paulnb57 said:
    Its all irrelevent really.....out in space there are at least a billion asteroids just floating around in the same space as our little planet orbits.......one day one will cross our path and hit us, pretty much impossible to track or predict, or destroy in space.......the impact is likely to be as large as all the combined nuclear warheads in existence.....not good, the first we are likely to know is when our amosphere in front of it is being compressed to the point of burning, it will strike one second later. Its unlikely that much will survive......
    Never mind, it's nearly Friday!! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2482
    paulnb57 said:
    Its all irrelevent really.....out in space there are at least a billion asteroids just floating around in the same space as our little planet orbits.......one day one will cross our path and hit us, pretty much impossible to track or predict, or destroy in space.......the impact is likely to be as large as all the combined nuclear warheads in existence.....not good, the first we are likely to know is when our amosphere in front of it is being compressed to the point of burning, it will strike one second later. Its unlikely that much will survive......life is pretty resilient, so something might, but the planet will be FUBAR.....
    Probably.....
    Buy that guitar you are gassing for!
    Have a nice day!
    If you've still got the receipt for your "thought of the day" desktop calendar, I'd consider asking for a refund.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I was on my way to a lecture about Quantum technology research yesterday but I realised I was hungry and went for a sausage roll instead. 

I think the world is probably safe now.
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    I was on my way to a lecture about Quantum technology research yesterday but I realised I was hungry and went for a sausage roll instead. 

I think you meant to say - you both went to the lecture, and didn't go, at the same time?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28698
    edited February 2018
    Sausage rolls are well known for their ability to collapse eigenstates.

Thought to be the only food that acts as an independent observer of the universe.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15620
    I've always wondered why they are called rolls when they are clearly not in a roll. And if you want a sausage in a roll, you have to ask for a hotdog. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• Sporky said:
    Sausage rolls are well known for their ability to collapse eigenstates.

Thought to be the only food that acts as an independent observer of the universe.
    The only thing the sausage rolls at work are going to collapse are my intestines. On the Ginsters scale of animal product uncertainty, Id say they're pretty offal.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    edited February 2018
    I just need to need to know - will those cool BTTF hoverboards be in stock at Amazon at some point??