Wah fixing solutions

What's Hot
JackieB33JackieB33 Frets: 190
I'm aware of the obvious ones but just wondering if anyone has any pearls of wisdom in regards to this. Or knows of any products available on the UK market that are available to order, and that they'd recommend.

All the decent rubber boot type platform things don't seem to be stocked in the UK, and i don't fancy paying a tenner postage from Thomann, on a 20 quid piece of rubber. 

The 'Stagetrix' wah fastener' things have been discontinued it seems. 

There's an online retailer that's selling shaped pieces of wood with trunk mat attached to either side and charging 20 quid plus postage for them. Maybe i'm in the wrong profession..  :/

I can't really use the figure of 8 washer type things and screw them in as i don't fancy drilling the board out if i can help it. 

Surely this is a very common problem. Was fine on a pedaltrain type board as the protruding parts just sat between the slats. But at the moment i have a T Rex tonetrunk and need the wah to mount securely to a flat surface. 

Any idea's? before i drop £30 (a tenner of which for postage), on a piece of rubber with four holes in it.. 

Thanks guys. 
''i've not seen a reaction like that in here since George Best got kicked out for glassing a bouncer''
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• A couple of bits of wood with Velcro on either side works for me with a Diago pedalboard.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    edited February 2018
    A couple of bits of wood with Velcro on either side works for me with a Diago pedalboard.
    Exactly.  Not having anything lying around I went to Poundland and found a suitable piece of timber for err a pound, cut it, stuck on some dual lock, done.

Which reminds me I need to redo this with much thinner "wood" (from a mini crate of satsumas we bought at Christmas), dual lock adds a lot of height all by itself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 617
    I've made a Velcro sandwich for some of my pedals (including the mini wah). Stick the scratchy Velcro on your pedal as normal. Then, cut two bits of velcro the same size, (one hook and one loop part)and stick the adhesive sides together. Then place over the bit on your pedal and press onto the board. The feet of the pedal should stop it wobbling. Robert's your father's brother!
  • TitchTitch Frets: 45
    I use cycle chain links to secure my pedals onto a Diago board. 
  • I bought a rubber plate for my wah to screw onto which gives a flat surface to make a connection to the board etc. 

You can buy them in different sizes for different wah designs etc
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • I bought a rubber plate for my wah to screw onto which gives a flat surface to make a connection to the board etc. 

You can buy them in different sizes for different wah designs etc
    @hotpickups ;This is more like what i had in mind mate. Any links? 
    Cheers!
    ''i've not seen a reaction like that in here since George Best got kicked out for glassing a bouncer''
  • @JackieB33 Sure here's one but I got one for my Xotic Wah from these people :)

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/ews-wah-board-special-vox/121208
  • @hotpickups How could i not find that! Ha! 

Only ones i found were on Thomann, with a tenner delivery.  :#

Cheers mate! 
  • JackieB33 said:
    @hotpickups How could i not find that! Ha! 

Only ones i found were on Thomann, with a tenner delivery.  :#

Cheers mate! 
    My pleasure :) if you wee looking for an Xotic wah I could've sold it to you with one of these fitted to it ;)
  • @hotpickups I was actually on the lookout for one not long ago man. Ended up being swayed into getting the CAE / MXR crybaby type. Really happy with it! Good luck with the sale though mate, and thanks again. 
  • JackieB33 said:
    @hotpickups I was actually on the lookout for one not long ago man. Ended up being swayed into getting the CAE / MXR crybaby type. Really happy with it! Good luck with the sale though mate, and thanks again. 
    Yes that would've been my choice also but the smaller footprint won me over the end. At a hefty price though :(
  • I successfully used fabric coated elastic (which I bought by the metre from a sewing shop). I threaded it through a hole in the pedalboard, then over the base of the wah pedal, and through another hole in the board, then tied the two ends tightly together. I repeated the process so that I had two pieces of elastic securing the pedal. This avoided the need to remove the rubber buffers from beneath the (Morley) pedal.