Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Guitar won't tune

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14592
    edited February 2018
    JerkMoans said:
    Rather than having the string wrapped around the peg multiple times, it's actually about 1/2 a wrap maximum
    Like this. (Easiest to see on the D string.)

https://i.imgur.com/tiOQeCx.jpg?2

The 'heads in this photograph are the early PRS Phase II type with the shared locator screw between the lugs of the D and G. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OwainOwain Frets: 13
    Owain said:
    It's a PRS SE One sold to me by JerkMoans who didn't claim any problems with it

The tuner was a clip on Tiger Chromatic Guitar Tuner

What type of guitar is it?
    What type of tuner are you using?

Have you tried tuning to the other strings to get them to pitch?

PS I'd always fit new strings to any guitar I'd just bought.

What do you mean with tuning to the other strings to get them on pitch? 

It's just annoying if I have to get new strings. Like this guy claimed there was no problems with it, if he'd have been straight with me and told me the strings were dodgy or whatever, I'd have been cool. But lying to con a newbie ain't right. 

The tuner is working fine and everything, it's not the tuner. 
    You do know strings occasionally need replacing?

Calling a member out for lying and conning you is exceptionally poor form. It’s higjly likely to be a issue which is easily resolved....
    Yeah, I get that but it might be true. If someone tries conning me I won't let that person get away with it. 

It's just a problem, yeah it might be an issue which can be resolved easily, I have anxiety and am going through a bad patch at the moment. So might be overreacting yeah, but not gonna let some joke of a person walk all over me. 
  • OwainOwain Frets: 13
    Owain said:
    It's a PRS SE One sold to me by JerkMoans who didn't claim any problems with it

The tuner was a clip on Tiger Chromatic Guitar Tuner

What type of guitar is it?
    What type of tuner are you using?

Have you tried tuning to the other strings to get them to pitch?

PS I'd always fit new strings to any guitar I'd just bought.

What do you mean with tuning to the other strings to get them on pitch? 

It's just annoying if I have to get new strings. Like this guy claimed there was no problems with it, if he'd have been straight with me and told me the strings were dodgy or whatever, I'd have been cool. But lying to con a newbie ain't right. 

The tuner is working fine and everything, it's not the tuner. 
    You do know strings occasionally need replacing?

Calling a member out for lying and conning you is exceptionally poor form. It’s higjly likely to be a issue which is easily resolved....
    Yeah, I get that but it might be true. If someone tries conning me I won't let that person get away with it. 

It's just a problem, yeah it might be an issue which can be resolved easily, I have anxiety and am going through a bad patch at the moment. So might be overreacting yeah, but not gonna let some joke of a person walk all over me. 
  • Owain said:

Yeah, but not gonna let someone walk all over me and take advantage just cos I'm new to the game. 

Yeah, it might be something that can be resolved easily and I may be overreacting, yeah. But I have anxiety, and am going through a rough patch at the moment, so maybe overreacting yeah. But I still won't let some joke of a person walk all over me. 
    I feel liked I’ve walked into a Spinal Tap sequel. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Owain said:

Yeah, but not gonna let someone walk all over me and take advantage just cos I'm new to the game. 

Yeah, it might be something that can be resolved easily and I may be overreacting, yeah. But I have anxiety, and am going through a rough patch at the moment, so maybe overreacting yeah. But I still won't let some joke of a person walk all over me. 
    I feel liked I’ve walked into a Spinal Tap sequel. 
    This scam goes to 11
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom