Guitar Shops in Central London to try high end amps

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    edited February 2018
    I still like Macaris in Charing Cross Road.  Best central London shop. 
    Also don't forget Ivor Maraints
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    What Strat peteri?

Honestly can't remember, but I remember it was the only CS I've ever played which at least remind me of my mid-60s one (most of the necks don't feel quite right to me)
  •  =) 
    My Trading Feedback Link is here i_b_tulloch

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6731
    I once went into Turnkey/Soho Soundhouse (gone now) to try a swanky Mesa combo. Bloke turned it on for me and after 45 secs the room was full of smoke and the amp was on fire. He'd forgotten to take the plastic guards off the valves. 

I like to think that was the fastest £200 worth of damage I've done to a piece of kit ever. :)
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kt66 said:
    I still like Macaris in Charing Cross Road.  Best central London shop. 
    Also don't forget Ivor Maraints
    Both of these are top shops. I bought a Tanglewood acoustic in Macaris and the guy was excellent, letting me try almost every guitar in the shop. I visited Maraints to get a Blackstar HT5, got a discount and he let me have a hard guitar case very cheap too. The shop in Shoreditch is now called Lucky Fret Music - I've only been there once to get a lead when I needed one in a hurry, but they seemed decent enough. They had a vast collection of Fender Jaguars there. I know everyone knocks Denmark Street now, but Wunjo's is still pretty good .