Gartone Bluesman 18

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• The gartone prices are on the high side for a custom (relatively unknown) brand if you compare with others. E.g deluxe tweed based amp 1700? I could get another uk custom builder do that for probably a few hundred less..However I know the quality of the overall product so I don't have an issue with the price.

Worth noting Gartone use Mercury Magnetic transformers, which probably ups the cost quite a bit.

Whether they make a difference over decent British transformers I doubt, but that needs to be factored in the cost.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yep agreed. Plus the cabs used are absolutely fantastic in build quality. I've directly compared my gartone to two other custom builders and although all were very good, the gartone was a step up in that instance
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    Ossyrocks said:
    His amps are more a sum of the parts. He uses the best of everything and builds them with meticulous precision. Even the cabinets are made from antique victorian pine. 
    I compared two pieces of pine in the workshop, one new, one Victorian, the new one was more than twice the weight. Even the cabs play a part in the tone, they are really resonant. 
    He’s just five minutes drive from me, so I’m very lucky. 
    Rob
    Where are Gartone amps based?
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    markj said:
    Ossyrocks said:
    His amps are more a sum of the parts. He uses the best of everything and builds them with meticulous precision. Even the cabinets are made from antique victorian pine. 
    I compared two pieces of pine in the workshop, one new, one Victorian, the new one was more than twice the weight. Even the cabs play a part in the tone, they are really resonant. 
    He’s just five minutes drive from me, so I’m very lucky. 
    Rob
    Where are Gartone amps based?
    Martin lives in Edenfield.