What's Hot

Comments

• Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1287
    DPD good round here too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 276
    Guess who I work for...

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1287
    Guess who I work for...
    UPS? TNT?
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    It still baffles me that they send you a text with a link for "I won't be in", where you can select "leave it in a safe place" and then you can't submit the request because you have to pick a day next week for delivery...

I'm sure your driver has a phone, send him a text to let him know I won't be in and i've given permission to leave it in a safe place. I'm sure the driver would be happier rather than having to return to deliver the same sodding parcel. 

All it boils down to is today there was a bloke outside my house with my parcel that could have been left there if DPD had a system that actually worked. Maybe have a phone number where you can actually talk to someone!

Amazon have promised it'll be here tomorrow. If this debacle happens again I'll just ask them to refund my money and i'll order from someone else.
    Rowby1 said:
    Guess who I work for...
    UPS? TNT?
    DPD, formerly Interlink...

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• ColsCols Frets: 7273
    It’s the perfect job for the eternal child who always enjoyed ringing doorbells and running away giggling before anyone opens the door.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3098
    It's down to the driver DPD and My Herpes are both good here, the My Herpes lady now knows my name and always has a chat....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• randellarandella Frets: 4384
    paulnb57 said:
    It's down to the driver DPD and My Herpes are both good here, the My Herpes lady now knows my name and always has a chat....
    Hell fire, the drivers round here barely have time for a pleasant smile!  Which I have to say they still always manage anyway. 
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15844
    the thing that gets me is that not only did DPD leave the package somewhere else, the driver then forged my signature and DPD said that was the end of the matter.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    I have to admit, DPD here are great.  It always seems to be the same guy who delivers round my area and he has always come on the day and during the time slot. 
    VimFuego said:
    the thing that gets me is that not only did DPD leave the package somewhere else, the driver then forged my signature and DPD said that was the end of the matter.
    Hahaha yeah - back before they all picked up their game around here, that was on of Hermes' favourite tricks.

Then when I phoned them once about the out-card-while-I-was-in (their other favourite trick) I got some shitty little teenaged snot shout at me that the driver couldn't possibly make it to my house (which he demonstrably had), and how could I expect him to in the "extreme weather" (drizzle, light mist, about 5 degrees) and then he slammed the phone down on me.

I avoided them and anyone who used them for a year or more after that.  Anyway, they seem to be pleasant and reliable these days, at least on my route.  Second chances and all that, I can't fault them now and would cheerfully use them.
    Yesterday I contacted Amazon who rang DPD to resolve the issue. Amazon promised the parcel would be delivered to my house today and left in a safe place on my property.

Got another message from DPD - I wasn't in today so they've fucked off with my parcel.

Just how fucking useless can a company get??
    You're not having much luck - bobbins service is that.

The one thing that made them go from woeful to decent around here was that they figured out how to leave a parcel when you're out.  It's not rocket science, granted, but it makes all the difference.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16275
    Uk Mail ......................the spawn of Satan..........just terrible but excellent at throwing parcels 40 ' over a gate at a front door when they have GLASS/FRAGILE printed in red all over them .
     needless to say item broken, apologies and new one sent only for me to see them do exactly the same thing again .!!!!!
    Shame they are too lazy to open a gate 
    I spurn them as I would spurn a rabid dog.
    Rang amazon (again) to resolve this...

They attempted to ring DPD twice, no answer. I suggested the cancel the parcel and refund me but I was asked to give it till monday - I can see a repeat of recent events happening. I'm not sure why DPD don't want to deliver the sodding parcels, why go to all the effort of driving to my house and not leave them in the safe place?

Come Monday Amazon will ring me to find out what's happened, if it's not here I've told Amazon i'm going to demand a refund and buy the products from another company.
    randella said:

The one thing that made them go from woeful to decent around here was that they figured out how to leave a parcel when you're out.  It's not rocket science, granted, but it makes all the difference.
    It's not that we "figured out" how to leave a parcel, we're not allowed to without written authorisation from the sender or recipient. I've had people say to me "if I'm out and you're delivering here again, just leave it in etc", I then have to explain that they have to either leave a note or choose this option when ordering, as if I leave a parcel without authorisation I could get fired. 

Foster, it sounds like your driver needs retraining. 

randella said:

It's not that we "figured out" how to leave a parcel, we're not allowed to without written authorisation from the sender or recipient. I've had people say to me "if I'm out and you're delivering here again, just leave it in etc", I then have to explain that they have to either leave a note or choose this option when ordering, as if I leave a parcel without authorisation I could get fired. 

@Monkeybone - it was just a turn of phrase, no dig at the drivers intended.  When I say 'they' I mean the company as a whole.

I was always happy for them to leave parcels for me but I figured it'd be some sort of edict from on high that stopped them doing it. 
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Do you guys have the DPD app?  I do and it's great.  You get delivery updates and you get text updates and you can text or phone the driver.  The DPD driver delivering to me today is called Gary. 
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    randella said:

This is what a lot of people don't understand. The contract is with the shipper not the recipient.  If the shipper asks that we get a signature that's what we have to do. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

randella said:

This is what a lot of people don't understand. The contract is with the shipper not the recipient.  If the shipper asks that we get a signature that's what we have to do. 
    So why is "leave it in a safe place" an option with DPD (either online or via telephone)? Or rather why is it when Amazon contact DPD to tell them to "leave it in a safe place" that DPD still fuck about with "Nobody was in so we kept it in the depot 40 miles away".

In the end I got my parcel because, by pure luck, my mum had popped over whilst I was at work to drop something off at my house - she had to sign for it.