Amp covers - which one to get?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Another shout out for HotCovers, have bought 3 from them and they've always been great. I have 2 PVC vinyl covers and a Canvas one. All very good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I agree about the Roqsolid foam.  I've got one of their normal felt-lined covers on my cab and it's excellent.  When I bought one for the head I went for foam, and it's not really any better padded than the normal one.  Still very good, but I don't think I'd bother with the foam padding if I bought another one.
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1473
    I've had a few Hot Covers, and I have one of the Studio Slips clamshell covers, which is very good but cost more than a full flight case would have!

I've recently had a bunch of "reinforced" soft cases made by Jenart, and they offer a different level of protection altogether. Highly recommended
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1473
    I've had a few Hot Covers, and I have one of the Studio Slips clamshell covers, which is very good but cost more than a full flight case would have!

I've recently had a bunch of "reinforced" soft cases made by Jenart, and they offer a different level of protection altogether. Highly recommended
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Used hot covers before but  Roksolid   get my vote and business nowadays :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1389
    edited April 2018
    Got a Roqsolid, no extras so grand total (after VAT and postage) was £45.37. To be honest, there's a few quid of canvas/felt, a few mins with a tape measure + scissors and a few passes on the sewing machine. Not what I'd call great value. Presumably, they had templates for the panels as they had a Vibrolux option listed and ready-to-go.

That said, I don't have a sewing machine, I can't buy materials in bulk and I'd have probably cocked it up a few times, so you pay for someone else's tools, expertise and connections.  s 

I'm reasonably happy with the cover itself but I wish I'd sprung at least for the underside strap. If the foam upgrade they offer is really no better than the felt then it must be pretty rubbish foam! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom