Should we ban chewing gum?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72411
    Oops. Sorry!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    Chewing gum isn't the cause of the problem, littering is.  People need to learn that public spaces belongs to everyone, it's not someone else's problem, it is yours.  

This is why in India this is so bad, people just throw rubbish and crap into the streets, that's their mindset.  This mindset is VERY difficult to change.

The other spectrum is Japan.  They have a saying that goes like "Leave the place as you found it".  From little things like clearing your desk at the end of your day at work to the streets.  Even with the STUPIDLY lack of bins, it is so clean.

This is Akihabara, busy as hell, just outside a station, with a ton of foot traffic.  Just clean.

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9684
    The only way to stop a bad guy with a gum is by having a good guy with a gum...
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • No, that's like banning cars because some people can't drive them well enough
    That sounds like a great idea. Or ban them from cities at least, because they’re polluting, dangerous, unnecessary in towns, noisy, and make the place much worse for the people living and working there. Imagine how pleasant a city would be if almost entirely pedestrianized.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    HAL9000 said:
    The only way to stop a bad guy with a gum is by having a good guy with a gum...
    Can we at least agree to ban semi-automatic machine gum?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11452
    No, that's like banning cars because some people can't drive them well enough
    That sounds like a great idea. Or ban them from cities at least, because they’re polluting, dangerous, unnecessary in towns, noisy, and make the place much worse for the people living and working there. Imagine how pleasant a city would be if almost entirely pedestrianized.
    And how would we get guitars and amps to gigs?
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9754
    crunchman said:
    No, that's like banning cars because some people can't drive them well enough
    And how would we get guitars and amps to gigs?
    And they'd need to do a ton of work to improve the alternative transport
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28370
    mistercharlie said:

Imagine how pleasant a city would be if almost entirely pedestrianized. 
    I'm imagining the two-hour walk to get from one side of central London to the other.

Can we keep the Tube please?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4646
    Alot of those white blobs you see are actually a kind of lichen often mistaken for chewing gum.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
    ICBM said:
    octatonic said:
    Make it carcinogenic.
    Hasn't worked with cigarettes...
    Give it time :)
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited March 2018
    Arm the shop assistants.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    I remember as very young kids in the 60s going round the pavements and peeling off the disguarded gum and giving it another go!! What were we like??!!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>