Moronic dog owner

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24348
edited March 2018 in Off Topic
I saw this this morning and it’s upset me all day..  Stupid twat puts her little puppy in the frigging luggage bin on a flight because the equally moronic flight attendant told her to - and the poor puppy died.

Everyone is kicking off on Twitter blaming the airline and calling for a boycott.  I think this stupid cnut of an owner should be prosecuted for animal neglect.  RIP poor pup... what a terrible way to go. 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43394952
Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
I'm personally responsible for all global warming
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    I was very saddened by it but I couldn't work out who was worse, the flight attendant or the dog owner.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    WHAT EVEN THE FUCK!!!!? 

What a cunt. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Some people just haven't got the sense they were born with. That poor little dog.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14456
    The dog should have been transported in a proper container in the cargo hold. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited March 2018
    The dog should have been transported in a proper container in the cargo hold. 

Nope, the owner had the dog in a carrier approved by the airline that according to their airline guidelines should remain infront of the owners seat the whole flight. The flight attendant decide this wasn't good enough.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • shefguitarshefguitar Frets: 206
    It raises a lot of questions. Why didn’t she insist on keeping the dog in front of her seat if that was the airline’s policy? Did she not even know the policy? Why didn’t other passengers intervene? Why didn’t she check on the dog during the flight?
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4920
    It raises a lot of questions. Why didn’t she insist on keeping the dog in front of her seat if that was the airline’s policy? Did she not even know the policy? Why didn’t other passengers intervene? Why didn’t she check on the dog during the flight?
    Because she was also holding a new-born baby!  It's all in the story...

• BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Can’t believe people are blaming the owner for his. Horrendous by the airline. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72412
    BRISTOL86 said:
    No, the owner is partly to blame too - if she had refused point-blank to put the dog in the locker, the flight attendant wouldn't have been able to force her to. But she probably didn't realise the dog would suffocate in there either.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Pretty harsh to blame the owner. She might have just believed that it was the done thing, I know that may sound ridiculous but I have known people to do pretty stupid things if they were made to think it was OK. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    ICBM said:
    BRISTOL86 said:
    No, the owner is partly to blame too - if she had refused point-blank to put the dog in the locker, the flight attendant wouldn't have been able to force her to. But she probably didn't realise the dog would suffocate in there either.
    She was obviously in a stressful situation under duress from the airline staff and probably wrongly assumed that the dog would be safe or there’s no way they’d have insisted on it being put in the overhead. 

Horrible story but sheer incompetence from the airline staff. 
    axisus said:
    Pretty harsh to blame the owner. She might have just believed that it was the done thing, I know that may sound ridiculous but I have known people to do pretty stupid things if they were made to think it was OK. 

Add in the fact she had a baby to look after, didn't want to get thrown off flight, and the fear there was probably an armed Marshall somewhere on board who'd consider anyone arguing with flight staff a terrorist.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • shefguitarshefguitar Frets: 206
    Nitefly said:
    Because she was also holding a new-born baby!  It's all in the story...

So it is, I missed that. Even so, she still had options. She could have asked the cabin crew to check on the dog or she could have asked someone to hold her baby while she checked. I’m not blaming her entirely but she acted irresponsibly. I also understand the dog was a French Bulldog so the owner should have known this breed would be particularly in danger given their well-known breathing issues.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    underdog said: Tu
    axisus said:

Add in the fact she had a baby to look after, didn't want to get thrown off flight, and the fear there was probably an armed Marshall somewhere on board who'd consider anyone arguing with flight staff a terrorist.
    Er, by your logic, she'd have put her baby in the overhead locker if the attendant had told her to.

Just because an official tells you to do something fecking stupid does not mean you suddenly abdicate all responsibility for being human.  Or are we back to the old days of "I was only following orders".....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Chalky said:
    underdog said: Tu
    axisus said:

Er, by your logic, she'd have put her baby in the overhead locker if the attendant had told her to.

Just because an official tells you to do something fecking stupid does not mean you suddenly abdicate all responsibility for being human.  Or are we back to the old days of "I was only following orders".....

Look from the point of view of the average person the flight attendant knows best, if she was told to put the dog in the overhead locker she would more than likely assume that it was the done thing, and so was safe.

She had a child to keep calm and keep on the flight, she figured she would just buy the dog a treat when they got home, not that it would die.

This poor woman doesn't sound like the problem here, one witness told how they held her baby as she tried to give mouth to mouth to the dog. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1305
    Of course someone in that situation would follow an instruction like that.  It's not like she was told to throw the dog through the emergency exit.  She might have questioned it, but then most people would assume that if someone in that position was so adamant, then it must be the right thing to do.

Total failure on the part of the stewards and therefore the airline that trained them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • I am not a fan of the misuse of the word retard. 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 777
    When I fly, I make sure I am aware of baggage allowance, what I can put in hand luggage, what I have to put in the see through plastic bag etc. I’m sure if I took a dog onboard I would have thoroughly researched where it should be kept while in flight!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17634
    tFB Trader
    Experiments have shown most people will kill a fellow human if told too by someone in a uniform so I don't think it's surprising the owner complied. 
  • benecolbenecol Frets: 400
    It was bad.

And so is slinging the word "retarded" around.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom