Carr sportsman and Marshall in a box or Friedman

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16130
    hywelg said:
    Dominic said:
    JohnPerry said:
    If your main use is light grit to dirt, get the Friedman, rather than using the Sportsman to get something that isn't its primary aim. I had a Sportsman and thought it was pretty good, but the Friedman will certainly break up in a more pleasing way.

If your primary use is clean sounds, that's a different story - but again, there are better amps for that too.

all true, including there being better clean amps. Must say I would try the Dirty Shirley pedal through the Sportsman first before I sprung for an actual Friedman amp
    I've tried that through a Rambler .............doesn't cut the mustard; gets farty
    Which speaker in the Rambler though? The Weber that was OEM for a while was breaking up far to early for me so swapped to an Elsinore and that's better but through my 2x12 with and EV and  Red Fang it's solid , excellent bass response. 
    Elsinore.........I guess it's the EV that's doing the heavy lifting there but I have had a lot of Red Fang experience and I think they are brilliant speakers......prefer them to Blues or Gold by a long way
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom