Guitar theft couple - update

What's Hot

Comments

• shefguitarshefguitar Frets: 206
    Is anyone else not bored senseless by this now? I can’t go on Facebook either without it dominating my feed. I think every guitar shop owner in the UK will have their faces permantly imprinted in their mind so it’s not likely they’re going to strike again anytime soon. A guitar got stolen, the shop was insured, no one got hurt. Move on for Christ’s sake.
    2reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16269
    Dominic said:
    and I feel so humbled by having dared to suggest that the woman looked Roma ..........seems to have upset one chap
    Oh ,look it's snowing today
    I think we may have chatted in the past Dominic about my Irish and Italian roots. Now I'm not generalising but my mum's side were Romany out of Ireland and the lovely lady in the photos could be my dear old nan's twin. Just saying like
    Funnily enough my Mum's Great Grandmother was Gitano from Cordoba...........what worries me isn't the Roma Gypsy roots ;it's the fact that we could be very, very distantly related ..............I'm worried about inherent defective genes.....the ones that drive you to compulsive buying of guitars and selling them again ! ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 890
    edited March 2018
    Is anyone else not bored senseless by this now? I can’t go on Facebook either without it dominating my feed. I think every guitar shop owner in the UK will have their faces permantly imprinted in their mind so it’s not likely they’re going to strike again anytime soon. A guitar got stolen, the shop was insured, no one got hurt. Move on for Christ’s sake.
    I think quite the reverse.  I would like to see these people arrested, and I think there are people out there who might help this happen.  Shops being more aware.  Police forces in different parts of the country working together instead of in silos.  Apparently these people have previously been in court.  That means someone in law enforcement knows a great deal about them - who was this policeman and have they been engaged by this recent spree?  Someone responded to my recent Tweet that they'd seen this woman regularly in Colchester with her friends.  Surely all of this can be converted into decisive action?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    edited March 2018
    Seems these just Roma around the World with impunity...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Meanwhile hostilities between Britain and Russia escalate. The president of the US is a misogynistic lunatic. Women still don’t have pay equality. Charity organisations have been taking public money and spending it on exploited sex workers. And the NHS is trampled into the ground.
    Yeah - let’s get those people stuffing guitars up their coats!
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    AlexC said:
    People steal musical instruments shocker!
    Meanwhile hostilities between Britain and Russia escalate. The president of the US is a misogynistic lunatic. Women still don’t have pay equality. Charity organisations have been taking public money and spending it on exploited sex workers. And the NHS is trampled into the ground.
    I don’t think having concerns and worries about those issues and the theft are mutually exclusive - I pissed at all of them and since this is a guitar forum I think it’s great to see the solidarity.    
    It would be nice to see a little more empathy towards other musicians instead of belittling it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 16reaction image Wisdom
  • SyncSync Frets: 289
    edited March 2018
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    AlexC said:
    People steal musical instruments shocker!
    Out of all of those I think finding the guitar thieves is the only one that we on this forum could influence. And after all this is the guitar section of a guitar forum.

Funny how a simple thread gets derailed by ranty virtue signalling. By the way you left off child exploitation, homelessness in the UK's cold weather, the cuts to benefits ... for the record hostilities between Britain and Russia, the president of the US, women still not  having pay equality, charity organisations taking public money and spending it on sex workers and the NHS is discussed in the basement that is 'behind closed doors'.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Plenty of ‘virtue signalling’ going on by those so outraged by the theft of a guitar. I’m just waiting for someone to call for capital punishment to be brought back.
    if someone nicked my guitar, I'd want the bastard dead ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10528
    I blame John Mayer ... he's created a market for PRS necks ;)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Dominic said:
    and I feel so humbled by having dared to suggest that the woman looked Roma ..........seems to have upset one chap
    I think we may have chatted in the past Dominic about my Irish and Italian roots. Now I'm not generalising but my mum's side were Romany out of Ireland and the lovely lady in the photos could be my dear old nan's twin. Just saying like
    Well if it is, could you ask her to stop nicking guitars. :)
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    And they’ve taken on a new member of staff!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    if someone nicked my guitar, I'd want the bastard dead ...
    This.

Especially if I'd just spent £11k on the fucker...
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8863
    mart said:
    Dominic said:
    Might be onto something here: would that be the same @DrCornelius who has an astonishingly regular turnover of highly desirable guitars for sale? :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7327
    JerkMoans said:
    mart said:
    Dominic said:
    Might be onto something here: would that be the same @DrCornelius who has an astonishingly regular turnover of highly desirable guitars for sale? :D 
    Shit Nan, we've been rumbled !   #sound of hooves clattering into the distance#
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Apparently the new range of PRSs dont come with gig bags, they come with large coats.
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1303
    frustrating, a thread to follow an interesting and sad news story, after one page it's filled up with people making idle jokes and political statements that are nothing to do with the thread.
    2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    I only came here to gasp at the numptiness. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shefguitarshefguitar Frets: 206
    darcym said:
    frustrating, a thread to follow an interesting and sad news story, after one page it's filled up with people making idle jokes and political statements that are nothing to do with the thread.
    You’d have preferred an endless stream of people saying variations of “Bastards! Hope they find them, thrash them like dogs, gouge their eyes out with toothpicks and disembowel them with spoons. They deserve no less!”
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom