Guitar theft couple - update

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• mikem8634mikem8634 Frets: 382
    edited March 2018
    Racism? WTF? Some people on here need to leave the Internet for a bit. This is now a silly silly thread. 
    To be fair, the casual racism was more prevalent on the other thread about the theft. The mentions of it on this thread just try to put a more benign spin on it. If anybody wants to discuss it elsewhere then please suggest an appropriate thread.

EDIT: Apologies, just noticed the Off Topic thread
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11512
    Nope - insurers will not insure goods taken while the shop is open - unless you have a special insurance where the premiums are so high  that they are willing to cover the loss, but if the security tag can be removed as easily as this guy did then I think that they wouldn't be paying up.
    Now Peach may be keeping some things on the down-low to remain dignified - I could probably call John priest tomorrow and ask should I feel so inclined .

But seriously - saying I'm bored , move on ...nah mate - not having that!
    Have some respect, even if you are bored.
    From memory, Peach Guitars posted in the first thread that got locked that it was covered by insurance.  I can't be bothered to go back and trawl through that thread now though to find it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    crunchman said:
    Nope - insurers will not insure goods taken while the shop is open - unless you have a special insurance where the premiums are so high  that they are willing to cover the loss, but if the security tag can be removed as easily as this guy did then I think that they wouldn't be paying up.
    Now Peach may be keeping some things on the down-low to remain dignified - I could probably call John priest tomorrow and ask should I feel so inclined .

But seriously - saying I'm bored , move on ...nah mate - not having that!
    Have some respect, even if you are bored.
    From memory, Peach Guitars posted in the first thread that got locked that it was covered by insurance.  I can't be bothered to go back and trawl through that thread now though to find it.
    They did, I'm assuming because it was locked.

I worked in an opticians when I left school and two herberts nicked 20 Raybans from a locked display case in a distraction robbery. One asked me to repair his nose pads while the other was crouching by the Rayban display which I thought nothing of it as even with a key it was an absolute fucking swine to unlock and the female staff had to use pliers to twist the key. I don't know how this lad did it but he unlocked the case, lift & hide all 20 pairs and swing the display around (double sided) in less than ten seconds without making a sound. I could even see the back of the top half of the cabinet and that wobbly thing didn't move an inch yet it fell over twice before hand. We didn't even know we'd been hit until a few hours later when I walked past on the other side of the stand and saw an empty rack facing the wall. I have to admit I did wonder what the fuck the other six people in a shop 40 feet x 15 feet were doing at the time.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14006
    mellowsun said:
    Need some kind of sting operation where they are lured to a shop selling some high-end instruments

Sounds like a job for Ant & Dec

Strike that, maybe just Dec as Ant appears to be too pissed up to help...

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    mikem8634 said:

Despite that, this isn't really the thread to debate this so let me know if you want to try to make your point somewhere more appropriate and I'll be more that happy to oblige.
    = the equivalent to - "do you want to come outside and say that?"  !!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>