What's Hot
2»

Comments

• rolls1392rolls1392 Frets: 235
    Sodding predictive text
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    fandango said:
    A cordless vacuum cleaner is a solution looking for a problem.

I thought this, until we got one (a dyson V6 refurb off ebay) and have completely changed my mind.  It is the go to device when there's just a bit of something to clean up or for doing the car.  Yes, it's not as powerful as our big vacuum, which is still used when we need to do the whole house or the whole room.  But for all those times when something just needs cleaning up quickly it is a lot quicker and powerful enough for those types of jobs.  In the time it would take to pull the big vacuum out and unwind the cable the v6 can be grabbed off it's holder, cleaned up the bit of mess and put back.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16701
    V6 absolute, 2 cats and 2 kids.   It does a good job and is a lot easier to use than a full size vacuum. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    The V6 is good enough for a quick clean.  Sure, if your house hasn’t been cleaned in months then it’ll really suck at it.  But for a bit of crumps here, quick once over, its perfect.  I have a dyson Cineball thingy for once a month, that thing lifts up laid carpet. 
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Got a Dyson V8 - it's good. I'm a convert to cordless.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    Dyson have just released the V10...... Word is that they've nailed it so well, they're stopping making conventional plug in vacuum cleaners....
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    jb1336 said:
    have to say I bought a Dyson V8 Absolute and I HATE vacuuming but it is so dam good and easy that the house is the cleanest it's ever been. 

I would 100% recommend it 

This for me too! 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9553
    Man, a powerful thread... Ive now got GAS for a Dyson...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Chris777 said:
    Dyson do a fan that costs £300, I know it's not a vacuum cleaner, but it could move the dust around quite efficiently!
    I have the AM06 desk fan. Marvellous it is. 
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1843
    We've been umming any ahhing about getting a dyson V6 or V8 for years. So much so that having decided to save up our nectar points to buy one we've racked up £400. If only Sainsbury's sold guitars...
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    I had various vacuum cleaners over the years and still swear by Henry. Bags is where it's at. 
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    I’ve got a GTech Air ram K9 Model... it’s great for dust collection, light, manoeuvrable.... but show it a grain of rice and it just pushes it around the floor  :s
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    Mrs. mbe won't have anything bagless, cordless or brushless.

So when the time came to retire the aging Panasonic upright, we bought a Hoover upright for £69 brand spanking new. It has proved to be an excellent choice.