Favourite Radio Presenters (sister thread to "Pet Hate Radio DJ")

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    rlw said:
    My favourite was Roger Scott - as good if not better than Peel in bringing in new music - who brought us Bruce Springsteen before the first album was out.  I well remember him interviewing Walter Trout in the eighties and teasing out his first proper job - in Hank Williams Junior's band....

Tracey Macleod and Mary Costello were both brilliant on GLR many moons ago.

Clare Teal on Radio 2 Sunday nights is well worth a listen.   She loves her music - swing, jazz and big band, and is very very knowledgeable about al aspects of it including making it.

And Danny Baker was a great DJ too.

Danny Baker is a bit marmite for me. He was sometimes brilliant on Radio London, genuinely laugh out loud funny. But then he can get irritating at times, especially when he gets up his own arse about how fabulous he is and all the important people he’s met. His last show on the day he was “let go” by Radio London was the most embarrassing thing I’ve ever heard, a two hour non stop rant about his own greatness and what utter fools the controllers were. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4643
    Bob Harris
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    Janice Long...Beautifully Bonkers :)  
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    Andy Bush and Leona Graham on Absolute, Jezza Vine on R2 (I know many dislike him but I’ve listened to his show pretty much since the beginning) and maybe Murray J on Planet Rock, purely because of all the requests he plays. 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4919
    Who was that saucy woman used to be on very early on R2, before Wogan - Sarah Kennedy?

Always on about her "chesticles" on a cold morning - many a listener volunteered to warm them up for her!

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12364
    Loved Peel and Mark n Lard on the Graveyarx shift. Craig Cash from the Royle Family used to do a great indie show early 90s on Signal Cheshire.

Currently preferring podcasts. Have Blues Unlimited presented by Sleepy Boy Hawkins beemed to my phone every Tuesday. He knows his stuff. 

I hate blabbermouth celeb DJs to me a DJ should first and foremost a music lover, not some gobshite who plays tunes on the side (and usually talks during the intro and outro).
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • cacophonycacophony Frets: 385
    Radcliffe and Maconie.

'live from the piazza del stan ogden'

'cabaret, and roofing'
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom