Been burgled

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Hi Ross,

Shared in London and Surrey and really sorry about this.

As Waz said, keep the faith and be vigilante and pro-active. Someone I know on here lost 2 expensive guitars in one night but he never stopped looking on selling platforms, shops etc and 6mths later, one of them showed up and he was reunited with it and it happened to be the one of sentimental value.

Let's hope for a similar outcome with all your guitars.

All the best
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnswissjohnswiss Frets: 393
    Sorry to see this, will keep an eye out on the ads.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Shit, shared. I lost a few guitars two years back when they broke into a car. Keep looking is all you can do. Most decent pawnbrokers have hot lists sent out of stolen high value items. So worth contacting them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    DiscoStu said:
    Well that's a totally shit thing, sorry man. Fingers crossed you get them back.

You were in the house when this happened? That's the most surprising thing, that folk can get in your house and pull your stuff
    Sorry to hear this as well.

It’s a good reminder to us all to keep details of our guitars. I don’t know the serial No’s of any of mine...

Re. Home security if you don’t have an alarm it might be worth considering one. When my sister got burgled (when they were next door - an adjoining semi and they heard the thieves and disrupted them) the police advise them to fit an alarm as it is common for the scum to hit again in a few months when they think the stuff they took first time will have been replaced.

The Old Bill were really helpful about showing them the weak points in her house and even provided additional locks for them. That was over ten years ago though and things could be different now...

At least you are all ok - Probably for the best you slept through it. Unlike this guy local to me:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/martial-arts-expert-father-krav-maga-solihull-machete-robbers-burglers-beat-son-puppy-dog-birmingham-a8210381.html

Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Iamnobody said:
    DiscoStu said:
    Well that's a totally shit thing, sorry man. Fingers crossed you get them back.

You were in the house when this happened? That's the most surprising thing, that folk can get in your house and pull your stuff
    Sorry to hear this as well.

It’s a good reminder to us all to keep details of our guitars. I don’t know the serial No’s of any of mine...

Wis'd.  I got as far as writing them down last week, but have still to update the value and input serial numbers on Allianz's website-type thing.