Can anyone please explain to me

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28369
    That was pretty ace. Swap buggy racing is excellently silly too.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes @Rocker I think I can explain...... I mean I am no sociologist or psychologist but from anecdotal experience I've noticed that people have different opinions about things, experience things in different ways and make their own choices about what they choose to invest in and what they prefer to pass over. 

Have you ever noticed how some people like different types of music? Weird I know. How can anyone deem 'rock' a legitimate genre... its one letter away from.......
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28369
    Sock? 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited March 2018
    They always roll out the fact "an F1 car is so aerodynamically efficient that at full speed it could drive on the ceiling", they should prove it and have corkscrew sections and loops.
  • underdog said:
    They always roll out the fact "an F1 car is so aerodynamically efficient that at full speed it drive on the ceiling", they should prove it and have corkscrew sections and loops.
    This is nothing less than necessary to the future of the sport. 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24345
    I much preferred F1 when it had the old rules.  The teams were so much more interesting then...  That redneck bloke who used to drive with a beaver in his car, that posh bird who always wore pink, oh! - and those gangsters with the five-o'clock shadow.  That silly sod with the leather helmet and the asthmatic mongrel always came last though.  God knows why the sponsors kept funding them.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    It does make me wonder... I despise everything about football, and as such I do my best to avoid it, and everything to do with it. At no point do I feel the need to comment on, or create a thread on, asking about its purpose or if it should be classed as a sport, yet that exact thing happens all the time with F1.

Its simple really - don’t like it? Don’t watch it. Avoid it. 
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24345
    PC_Dave said:
    At no point do I feel the need to comment on, or create a thread on, asking about its purpose or if it should be classed as a sport
    But...  the OP isn't you is he ?
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Rocker said:
    how anyone can deem F1 'racing' a sport? An endless procession of cars looping a track, almost no overtaking or racing as most of us would define racing. At least with rally driving, everyone, theoretically, has the same chance of winning as they all drive the same circuit with a clear road in front.
    Melbourne always makes dull racing when it’s dry. F1 fans rarely care because it is the season opener after 4 months of waiting. 

It is a sport that captures an arms race between teams, of genuine ingenuity that can baffle their competitors sometimes for years but they can bounce back with another master stroke. 

The lack of overtaking is no different to a 0-0 draw in football- many of which have been gripping games. 

You can reduce any sport to a pointless entity- what is the point of 22 rapists kicking a ball between two posts in 90 minutes while spitting, rolling around the floor like a toddler in the hope to win an Oscar and arguing with the ref like a petulant and entitled gobby child? 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2018
    Emp_Fab said:
    PC_Dave said:
    At no point do I feel the need to comment on, or create a thread on, asking about its purpose or if it should be classed as a sport
    But...  the OP isn't you is he ?
    Good spot.

Edited post because I don’t want an argument.
    @Garthy you should probably add the word “alleged” in your post.... just in case, like.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14452
    Fretwired said:
    If the race is boring, the race officials can turn on the sprinklers and soak the track and then close the pit lane
    Better still, the track should have those self-lowering Congestion Charge zone barriers. 

sinbaadi said:
    By what definition? 
    By the power of Grayskull. 

I've noticed that people have different opinions about things
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion. The knack to them is not expecting anyone else to take the slightest notice.

You'll have to excuse me, folks. I got carried away.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.