[vid down for now, soz] A compilation of my dashcam footage...

What's Hot
skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
edited March 2018 in Off Topic
[update] Video down. Some music the cam picked up was muted on yt.  So gonna do a re-edit soon. 

Will probably pull this soon as I’m scared. It also probably earns me several hundred copyright strikes for youtube... 

Anyway, heres a compilation of mainly Mercedes’ and Audi’s, but also featuring an assortment of assholes ranging from cock juggling thunder cunts to mere wanna be ricers. 

I hope my driving is of a decent standard here, I think it is.. 
Compared to these recent graduates of the grand theft auto driving academy, I’d like to think I’m a more considerate human being too. 

A few of these clips have made me furious for months.. others have been reported to the police at the time.. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RRyvVnZfK50
The only easy day, was yesterday...
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    You need a more agressive horn. Far too polite.....

And to be fair the Audi/BMW/Merc drivers were in a hurry. Always are......
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15616
    was about to say you must live somewhere bad, I never see driving like that. But then I saw essex and it made sense. I used to live a few miles from there (herts) and you could always tell when you crossed over the county boundry as there were just so many arsehole drivers. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    VimFuego said:
    was about to say you must live somewhere bad, I never see driving like that. But then I saw essex and it made sense. I used to live a few miles from there (herts) and you could always tell when you crossed over the county boundry as there were just so many arsehole drivers. 
    Pretty much man. Gets so tiresome commuting in it everyday, and paying insane amounts for insurance for the pleasure. 

The first clip was today actually coming home from work. Should’ve learnt not to use my horn really, most of the time they stop dead in the road and want a fight, othertimes they follow you or do something ridiculous. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Was that you running down the road like a Benny Hill chase scene near the end? 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    Was that you running down the road like a Benny Hill chase scene near the end? 
    Haha yeah man. My cars still all scraped up from that damn guy. 

Sent the entire clip to mr plod but they werent interested.. they did send my usb stick back though which an insurer previously didnt.. 

Its strange, I remember it as calmly approaching the gentlemans vehicle to politely acquire his insurance details.. 

• skunkwerx said:

Sent the entire clip to mr plod but they werent interested.. they did send my usb stick back though which an insurer previously didnt.. 

Its strange, I remember it as calmly approaching the gentlemans vehicle to politely acquire his insurance details.. 

Didn't his insurance pay out? (you had his Reg right?)

I enjoyed watching all that. That TT in the second or third clip!!

I've had a few angry reactions to beeps of the horn myself. The last one was a lady I beeped at because (get this) she was reading a magazine to her kids which she had spread across the steering wheel as she was driving. She was furious, proceeded to cut me up, beep, gesticulate, etc... 
    1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1389
    Man, those people are gonna die one of these days and they'll probably take you out with them.

I was in an Uber the other night and he did a u-turn - which was fine, except all the signs that said 'no u-turns'
    "uhh, I don't think you were supposed to do a u-turn there"
    "yeah but it's quiet and everyone does them there. even police [pretty sure cops are allowed to flaunt traffic rules if they have to?]"  :s
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    A few of those I would categorise as people making genuine mistakes rather than purposely being assholes. Lets face it we have all made mistakes when driving, no-one is 100% perfect. Just got to be aware people will make mistakes and drive accordingly and try to keep a cool head about it.

What happened with the white VW? Did they use your footage as evidence?
    skunkwerx said:

Didn't his insurance pay out? (you had his Reg right?)

I enjoyed watching all that. That TT in the second or third clip!!

I've had a few angry reactions to beeps of the horn myself. The last one was a lady I beeped at because (get this) she was reading a magazine to her kids which she had spread across the steering wheel as she was driving. She was furious, proceeded to cut me up, beep, gesticulate, etc... 
    ah thats a negative iceman! 
    His reg wasnt readable. When I chased him, the mini who he also hit just sat there watching, so I asked him to pull over, but he sped off, the mini gave chase. That all happened as I turned to walk back to safety, and also my car was still running and I’m lucky it wasnt nicked by an opportunist. 

Contacted the police with it all in the first insance, but they werent interested. I even said, I care more about getting him
    off the streets than having my car fixed. 

So many cameras on that street too, but they wouldnt pursue it. 

I couldnt get the mini’s reg from my camera as I thought about trying to contact them after. In the moment I didnt think to memorise it or even look tbh. 

As usual no one cared to stop either. 

Frikkin can’t wait to get out of this area!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    A few of those I would categorise as people making genuine mistakes rather than purposely being assholes. Lets face it we have all made mistakes when driving, no-one is 100% perfect. Just got to be aware people will make mistakes and drive accordingly and try to keep a cool head about it.

What happened with the white VW? Did they use your footage as evidence?
    Yeah true that. Everyone has bad days. 

Haha the Beetle! A fine lady indeed. 
    I spent an hour on the hard shoulder with her after that. Its funny thinking back to it. 

Got her out and everyone was ok, the trucker didnt speak much English and luckily the highways agency traffic officers turned up pretty quick to cordon the lane off and such. 
    Before the trucker went, this cracks me up to this day, he approached me and said ‘I can piss here?’.. like I was owner of the hard shoulder!! Lol. 

I said hell dude, knock yourself out. 
    So off he went to the verge and drained the main vein! 

Quite bizzare given what had happened moments before. Unless he expected the cops to give him a piss test that is.. 

Hung about talking to her as she was pretty shocked and shook up. I think I spent most of it telling her all about pit manoeuvres and how she had learned first hand!  

Her phone had died so I took loads of photos of stuff, and later whatsapped them to her. Hung around and chatted til her fella turned up and took over til the recovery vehicle arrived. 

Left them both with one of my spare warning triangles and my details, sent all the footage to her insurers. 

The week after I came home to 3 bottles of wine and a thank you card. 
    Which was lovely even though I insisted several times that I was just doing what I would want someone else to do for me and not expecting a reward!

A few months later she sent me a picture of her beetle all fixed up looking as good as new! 
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 607
    This makes me want a dashcam! I drive around Batley/Dewsbury a lot for work and it's stressful especially during the school rush but your video makes it look pretty tame in comparison..
  • hassleham said:
    This makes me want a dashcam! I drive around Batley/Dewsbury a lot for work and it's stressful especially during the school rush but your video makes it look pretty tame in comparison..
    I drive those same roads daily, and I have front and rear cameras! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    edited March 2018
    I was driving back from the gym the other day and a twat in an Audi did exactly as you saw, overtaking a stupid speeds forcing oncoming traffic (in a 30 limit) to pull over. Did it three times.

He must have been late for a meeting

with his plastic surgeon, for a penis extension.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12415
    Absolute cockmasters
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Some of them weaving in and out of traffic looked like getaway drivers FFS - I have rarely seen driving that bad in my 30 yrs on the road - a few idiots doing similar sure, but you have loads and in not that long a time span!
  • mid57mid57 Frets: 42
    edited March 2018
    Ah the joys of driving in Romford I remember it well,  moved away 10 years ago but still in Essex was better but I,m sure its going same way (Maldon) been getting worse over last 5 years Suffolk beckons I think
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    ugh, that makes my palms go a bit sweaty. I've had a few (but not as many!!) experiences like that. Worst one just happened this weekend near Brecon, ended up pulling an elderly lady out of her smoking car on its side in a ditch and 3 other cars written off (BMW driver tried a sharp brake and sudden right turn into a lay-by). Luckily nobody was hurt, she would have been badly injured if it wasn't for airbags.
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    That's an impressive collection of idiocy. 
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    That's a lot of stupid in 7 mins! I've seen some idiots first hand but nothing like that.

How long is the period of the compilation?
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    tFB Trader
    Romford - pretty much as expected from the second I saw the first roundabout. I live a few miles away in Ilford and to be honest the standard of driving is even worse here - more so just people who should not have a driving license (I'm convinced a lot don't) than the outright idiots in your footage.