Comments

• Ridiculous!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    What a f*#@ing idiot, "it makes an audiable difference" I literally want to give that cretin a clip round the ear. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 874
    It's a day early, surely??????

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26712
    What a f*#@ing idiot, "it makes an audiable difference" I literally want to give that cretin a clip round the ear. 
    Note that it doesn't say it's a positive difference.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    It looks like the cheapest eBay cable you can get your hands on - and there looks to be at least one split in it. Maybe offer him £750?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Chris777Chris777 Frets: 58
    Were these made by a wizard with a similar name before he went into films?.

The only difference will be the wining sobbing and crying coming from your own face when you realise you have given leave to your senses and bought a 1500 quid cable!
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    The cable looks like a a bit domestic twincore wire. It has already been laughed at here... http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1842872/

Octafish said:
    The cable looks like a a bit domestic twincore wire. It has already been laughed at here... http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1842872/

It's so reducilous it needs to be laughed at here as well :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Octafish said:

It's so reducilous it needs to be laughed at here as well :D
    Very true :trollface: 
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734
    Octafish said:

I missed that thread.

I really hope no one was intending using it as guitar cable.

• RockerRocker Frets: 4991
    This kind of thread, and religions threads too, reveal a lot about the keyboard warriors who post threads and replies. It appears that most people want or need to be considered 'sound' and 'dependable' members of the community, in this case theFretBoard. To be accepted by the community, they feel that they must advance 'sound' ideas and/or agree with other members who voice so called sound opinions (usually on subjects that the majority never think about from one day to the next).

I am sure that Freud must have written about this phenomenon, I must look it up. Human interaction and so called group think is a fascinating subject. Every day I see examples of it here. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734
    Rocker said:
    This kind of thread, and religions threads too, reveal a lot about the keyboard warriors who post threads and replies. It appears that most people want or need to be considered 'sound' and 'dependable' members of the community, in this case theFretBoard. To be accepted by the community, they feel that they must advance 'sound' ideas and/or agree with other members who voice so called sound opinions (usually on subjects that the majority never think about from one day to the next).

I am sure that Freud must have written about this phenomenon, I must look it up. Human interaction and so called group think is a fascinating subject. Every day I see examples of it here. 
    Not sure I see the point of this post......

Regardless, I think you will find a multitude of threads on this forum where there is very vigourous debate.

I'm not sure a consensus opinion that it's not good idea to spend £1500 on a speaker cable for a guitar amp (even one made by Howard Dumble) would qualify as a good example of group think.

All of Dumble's work has generally used off-the-shelf parts, ie nothing particulary "special", so even if you believe that there is "magic" cable that improves the tone of an 80 Hz - 6 kHz signal (ie a guitar through a valve amp), it's very unlikely that Dumble would have used it.

The conclusion we must draw then is that there is little if anything special about this cable, and the price reflects the owner's view that anything made by Dumble carries an inflated price tag.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26712
    Rocker said:

Nobody here agrees with me, so they must have psychological problems.
    Here, I fixed that for you :)
    <space for hire>
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24843
    I reckon JoBo will be all over that....
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Rocker said:

I’m sorry you think I’m a keyboard warrior.

I assure you I came to my conclusions all on my little lonesome. That’s shit cable that has split in at least one place. 

Made by Dumble? My arse.
    If it was, then it’s a shit job. 

I am happy for the group mind to disagree with me - I don’t need/seek approval or to be liked. I’d stay well clear of an Internet forum if that’s what I wanted. 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11955
    Did he sign the cable?

Does it have the crystal lettuce option?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72539
    Exactly... I can believe it makes a difference, since it’s made with pancake plugs that are notorious for resistance between the various riveted-together parts.

On balance I’d rather trust Neutriks and a piece of modern mains cable, at a total cost of about £6-£7 - both to sound good and not to fail leaving your amp with no load.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7828
    edited March 2018
    Rocker said:
    This kind of thread

My assumption is that "this kind of thread" is one where a large number of people find fault with something which you wish to believe is true, something that requires faith more than it does evidence.

You can call it group think if you want, though I think most of those who are part of the "group" feel it's more a case of reality versus nonsense.

I personally think you're a bit of a doofus (a harmless one, but a doofus nevertheless), but that is purely my opinion based on what you post.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Rocker said:

What a patronising load of old nonsense. What makes you think you know why individuals choose to post a particular opinion in a thread! Don't delude yourself it's group think just because the majority don't agree with you ;)