Premier League and Relegation

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14647
in Off Topic tFB Trader
Is this a first ?- but looking likely that none of the 3 sides promoted from the 2016/17 season, from the Championship will be relegated after only 1 year in the top flight - Huddersfield, Brighton and Newcastle - They are not 100% save, but nearly there
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Could be?....although my favourite potential stat for this year is that it looks like Mark Hughes is going to take two teams down...Stoke and Southampton.  Has that happened before? :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14647
    tFB Trader
    Could be?....although my favourite potential stat for this year is that it looks like Mark Hughes is going to take two teams down...Stoke and Southampton.  Has that happened before? :)
    hadn't picked up on that - good observation
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4854
    edited April 2018
    As a QPR fan, the amount of bile I reserve for Mark Hughes and the way he took advantage of my club and the well-meaning but naive owners cannot be overestimated. 
  • Could be?....although my favourite potential stat for this year is that it looks like Mark Hughes is going to take two teams down...Stoke and Southampton.  Has that happened before? :)
    Didn't mean to hijack your thread @guitars4you but I couldn't help pointing that out as It never ceases to amaze me how people who are so average (that's being kind in Hughes case I'd say) keep landing big clubs to manage.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Being Welsh, we are very close to having Cardiff and Swansea in the PL again which would be amazing

But at the same time, it is very plausible that neither will be.

Panic stations
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4356
    edited April 2018
    It happened once before, 97-98 season. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Could be?....although my favourite potential stat for this year is that it looks like Mark Hughes is going to take two teams down...Stoke and Southampton.  Has that happened before? :)
    And still some spineless PL club will give him a job rather than take a risk on a young up and comer. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4356
    BRISTOL86 said:
    And still some spineless PL club will give him a job rather than take a risk on a young up and comer. 

Yep. The same managers are in a merry go round of similar clubs...

Pardew

Hughes

Allardyce

Moyes

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4945
    Yes, yes, but...

ACCRINGTON STANLEY!!!

Promoted to League One for he first time ever! =)
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28353
    They were saying on the radio last night that it will be the third time - if it happens (not there yet).

Luton should be going up to Div 1! Hooray!
    tFB Trader
    BRISTOL86 said:
    I would agree that Eddie Howes and Sean Dyche have done very well at their current clubs - Yet in  such a climate they have both probably maximized the clubs potential - So what next - Could either hack it at Arsenal for example ? - We don't know in all honesty

Pep's first management job was Barcelona - so on that basis R Giggs may well have deserved a chance at MUFC - In both instances (certainly for Pep) I dare say the appropriate hierarchy recognized something in the person that he had management potential - And I dare say many players come across better as a potential manager than others, even when still playing - Great players don't necessarily make great managers - In fact many great managers in the UK top flight in the last 50 years were not great players whatsoever

Only 5 clubs in the Championship have had the same manager in charge for over 2 years and only 8 in the Premiership - the merry go round is far to quick regardless of who gets the job
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Hughton, Wagner & Benitez have all done great jobs.

Especially Benitez. I think he is fantastic as a man and a coach. Arsenal should be hammering his door down.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I think Woy has done pretty well to pull Palace out of the shit that we were in after 8 games or so. Particularly given the injury problems. 

I certainly wouldn't count Huddersfield or the Seaweed as safe yet given the run ins they've got. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9964
    @guitars4you wasn't Guardiola manager of the B team or the youth team or something first?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    edited April 2018 tFB Trader
    @guitars4you wasn't Guardiola manager of the B team or the youth team or something first?
    yes - but first serious job as such was still Barcelona, as against learning the trade at Wrexham - obviously did a good job to have moved on - but how many reserve team managers have been given the 1st team job then subsequently failed 
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1246
    I'm hoping West Ham stay up.  They're my local Prem team, and I like Moyse as a manager.  They've got some tough games though, and are only on 35 points...
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    He should throw Liverpool a few bob.
    At least weve kept half the Southampton team up
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    MrBump said:
    I like Moyse as a manager. 

*jaw hits floor* 

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Nitefly said:
    Yes, yes, but...

ACCRINGTON STANLEY!!!

Promoted to League One for he first time ever! =)

Who are they?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1865
    As a Southampton can I prefer to call it qualifying for the championship, not relegation.

It astounds me we are in this position. Money isn't a problem, our academy and scouting seem to work well. We have good players. But successive management choices have been dire. The board have sleep walked the club to nowhere. 
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.