Speaker search - 100 watt, American sounding, not too backbreaking?

2»

Comments

• DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2567
    camf said:
    ...So, from what I've read, the top three in rough order at the moment:

Jensen Jet Tornado (Seems very warm but my slight worry is that it might be a bit bass-light) rated at 100 watts
    Eminence Lil' Texan (marginally the lightest but also marginally the more expensive and might be even lighter in the bass) 125 watts
    Jensen Neo 12-100 (tight low end but with a midrange bump, although not as pronounced as a V30) 100 watts

I realise this is pretty boring for most people but I'm sure there must be some people interested in knocking some of the weight off a chunky BF/SF Fender-style amp that might appreciate the research. :)
    How's the low end on the Stageman?  If it's typical Fender Blackface-ish I'd not be too concerned about the bass being lacking in the Tornado...the bigger richer mids really work with that typical mid-scooped profile, and I can't say I've noticed any real softness in the bass of the Twin.  If you're genuinely after a really tight woofy low-end however, I'd probably look elsewhere.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1201
    I love the amp and it's got plenty low end, which is why I've been sop keen to get something that really does justice to it's BF awesomeness. That's a really helpful insight into the Jensen... I think you're right, it sounds like it should be able to do exactly what I need. I'm ordering one today. :) 
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2411
    Nice, let us know what it's like :D