2»

Comments

• citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    Lovely playing - you rocked that crowd!
    Seemed like a good idea.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74388
    Very good :).

Not my style of playing at all, but I appreciate someone doing it well. The 'inappropriate' context is fine - you wouldn't want to have it on every song, but it's perfect when you do it just once or twice in a set. It's exactly in the tradition of the jazz greats improvising something modern (at the time) in a standard, and much better than playing covers note for note…

You'll find the tapping thing always goes down well with women too ;). Make the most of it!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    You did a great job there! Perfect song for a bit of the old widdle. You are a far better guitarist than me and you have already gigged more than me (As in I never have, and I'm 50 now!). Well done young Bucket!
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10884
    Great playing.I know in other posts you've mentioned how you've not been able to play as fast recently but that looked pretty fast to me.Be rightly proud of yourself,you're already way better than I'll ever be with an obviously very musical brain.
    Laugh, love, live, learn.