The Kemper thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3491
    edited September 2019

Just reading a few of these comments about other manufacturers has really highlighted how exceptional the customer support from the line 6 folks really is. 

They reply to emails, readily engage with their customer base on forums and Facebook and I’ve heard many accounts of them standing by their product and fixing/replacing things even out of warranty and going above and beyond in making sure customers are happy. They even on occasion give out their personal private contact details to make sure things get sorted adequately. 

These things all go a long way in my book when you’re spending 1k+ on a product. The other companies could stand to learn a thing or two. 
    They absolutely could. I agree.

After being a Fractal and Kemper customer, I think their severe lack of user research and user consultancy, coupled with poor customer relations is pretty much unforgivable in this day and age...being that it's such an easy thing to get right considering the channels companies have available to them nowadays.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    Okay so I tried the Kemper as effects-only tonight. Unfortunately it just doesn't work that great. A bit too fuzzy and over-gained on account of the line level outputs I'd say.

Which probably means the Stage isn't usable as an effects only device. Which I think is a great shame, because it could really really slay in 4-cable-method with a valve amp. Best of both worlds like.

I'm still strongly considering it though. Will just have to account for a poweramp if I do get one.
    Would this help?

http://orchid-electronics.co.uk/Amp_Interface.htm
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cbellanga said:

I’m after some advice... am I just missing something here? I’m using my Kemper at rehearsals and I can’t see the remote screen from my standing position and I can barely distinguish the colours on the foot switches to determine what kind of effect is on/off and I’m having a real hard time working out which switch is for which effect. It feels limited for effects switching in this regard. If I only used the same 4 effects then it would be easier to remember but some rigs have different types of effects and in the heat of a song I can’t hit the right switch! I’m starting to get jealous of Helix people... Does anyone else have this problem? Also, can you use one of the switches as a momentary morph to stomp on a dB boost for solos?

im ordinarily a no-fx kind of person but this band is a lot of covers and I’m having a hard time working out how to logically programme it to cover everything without going purely down the 1 rig per song basis!
    Hey man are you aware you can tweak the screen and buttons lights / colours etc? It's somewhere in the menu and maybe that will help to make everything more visible
    Not aware at all, thank you! See, I was missing something! Will give that a go

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

• cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    edited September 2019
    FYI ToneJunkie is selling their "everythingpack" for $100 with the code thursdayevening.
    That's a great deal
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10384
    I got a couple of MBritt packs. The Grab & Go and Crank & Go. I play through a cab, so I’m hoping that they don’t all sound the same!
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1393
    Okay so I tried the Kemper as effects-only tonight. Unfortunately it just doesn't work that great. A bit too fuzzy and over-gained on account of the line level outputs I'd say.

Which probably means the Stage isn't usable as an effects only device. Which I think is a great shame, because it could really really slay in 4-cable-method with a valve amp. Best of both worlds like.

I'm still strongly considering it though. Will just have to account for a poweramp if I do get one.
    Could you create some sort of wet dry set up? Kemper and all fx as the wet and the valve amp as dry? Might not suit your live set up and switching might prove tricky but just a thought?
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 221
    edited September 2019
    Hey guys, 

Just watched the Anderson's interview with Rudolf Kemper. It's a good watch.

The highlights are:
    No mention of the editor
    Kemper kone is a celestion fr speaker. No DSP in the cab it'll all be software based. No immediate release date.
    No plans for a powered kemper stage

edited September 2019
    AndyJP said:
    Hey guys, 

Just watched the Anderson's interview with Rudolf Kemper. It's a good watch.

The highlights are:
    No mention of the editor
    Kemper kone is a celestion fr speaker. No DSP in the cab it'll all be software based. No immediate release date.
    No plans for a powered kemper stage

Rudolf looks a bit red nosed 

Great interview, I liked the discussion about the Kemper business model.
    edited September 2019
    So tomorrow is Editor day?  :)
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10384
    Rudolf?
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2450
    Freebird said:
    So tomorrow is Editor day?  :)
    They said by end of September - if it IS today they release it, I have a horrible feeling it's going to have been a rushed release, and will be full of issues :(
  • Seems pretty typical for Kemper to rush releases and they seem to have poor QA.

Bye!

Seems pretty typical for Kemper to rush releases and they seem to have poor QA.
    I disagree. It's only been since the Stage that this has been happening; prior to the 7 beta, everything was a lot more stable.
  • FarleyUK said:
    I disagree. It's only been since the Stage that this has been happening; prior to the 7 beta, everything was a lot more stable.
    I concur.

• FarleyUK said:
    Watching from the sidelines and with my experiences back when I owned one, all of their software releases have had ropey starts. They eventually settle into stability, but the first couple of releases are always a bit dodgy.

Bye!

FarleyUK said:
    Watching from the sidelines and with my experiences back when I owned one, all of their software releases have had ropey starts. They eventually settle into stability, but the first couple of releases are always a bit dodgy.
    I'm assuming you're not referring to BETA releases here? I've not had any issues at all with any of the official releases personally.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah, sounds like it was a different ball game back in 2014ish. I had mine in 2018 until early this year and my experience was only positive. I'm not sure how many releases there were, but it felt like more than a couple, and all were stable and useful.

• I guess I'll find out the lay of the land for myself when I get the Stage in a few months time (might as well face it, it's gonna happen! lol)

Bye!

• Ha, do it!

• Posted this on the Kemper forum but it's worth repeating here...

Absolute nightmare for me since updating, can’t believe that new firmware is out of Beta.

Rearranging performances is a disaster as it just keeps duplicating the name of them and moving them into the wrong position and to top it off my Kemper just shat the bed during a wedding gig and wiped the performance I was on when it eventually rebooted.

Not impressed at all. Beta I can understand but a full release?