Composition Challenge #2 "Drone"

What's Hot

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306

@Antique_Guitars if I decide to do a video can you accept any other file formats, or does it need to be a WMV?

I'm using a Mac so might end up with a .MOV.

(I'm sure I can convert it if needed).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 744
    edited April 2014
    "Quote: not_the_dj my official entry will be e-mailed in as per the rules!"

We don't need rules, rules are for winners.
    :))

"Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
  • @Antique_Guitars if I decide to do a video can you accept any other file formats, or does it need to be a WMV?

I'm using a Mac so might end up with a .MOV.

(I'm sure I can convert it if needed).

Anything that will upload directly to youtube is fine :-)
    Old Is Gold
    I think posting on this thread would be a good idea, it would generate more interest in the competition, which personally I hadn't noticed until not_the_dj posted his recording.
  • Antique_GuitarsAntique_Guitars Frets: 1167
    edited April 2014
    The idea is that all the entries are released at the same time on the 17th of the final month of the competition, that way everyone gets a fair amount of exposure during the 2 week voting period.

Some people will hand in early some people will hand in right on the deadline, if people are able to listen to some songs way before others they may get used to the sound of one before they others are released and that could skew the voting.

Old Is Gold
  • People are free to post their ideas and things on here and discuss them, but please submit you final entries via  fretboardchallenge@gmail.com

All entries will be made available to everyone at the same time on the 17th May, this is the fairest way to conduct the voting.

Old Is Gold
  • Keep posting your ideas though people!

I may try and find some lying about and post them.
    Old Is Gold
  • Antique_GuitarsAntique_Guitars Frets: 1167
    edited April 2014
    Some rough lo- fi track I did about 7 years ago, I was just testing some pedals.

https://soundcloud.com/boolean-bear/stone-breaker

Old Is Gold
  • Can't figure out how to embed the soundcloud thing for some reason..........
    Old Is Gold
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1265
    Can't figure out how to embed the soundcloud thing for some reason..........
    I've never worked that out either - I think you may need a 'premium' paid account to do so.
    I've never worked that out either - I think you may need a 'premium' paid account to do so.

Worked ok for me and I'm using a freebie account. I used the 'share' function that allowed me to copy and paste the link.
  • Can't figure out how to embed the soundcloud thing for some reason..........

Worked ok for me and I'm using a freebie account. I used the 'share' function that allowed me to copy and paste the link.
    strange thats what i did bit it only works as a link it wont come up as an image for me.
    Old Is Gold

I'll investigate again. I'm still using the 'classic SoundCloud' style (can't get my head around the new style) so that may have something to do with it?
    edited April 2014
    How's this?....

[Found the 'share' function but I can't get it to work when I paste in the code]
    :-S
  • rprrpr Frets: 310
    Done this a while back as part of an EP. Not sure if its Drone...dont pay much attention to labels when I'm writing

How's this?....

No link at all in that.
  • Can someone just explain the exact process they used when linking the playable embed link
    Old Is Gold
    edited April 2014
    "<a href="" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">"
    Can someone just explain the exact process they used when linking the playable embed link
    Idiot's guide, please!
    B-)