eBay shadey seller

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4691
    update 

guitar has been recieved and refund has been issued by echeque so now have another 7 days before the funds are available. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ok so yesterday, through the post I have received a questionnaire from Parcel Farce, no I don’t think this was damaged in transit, I think it happened before it was shipped and the guy has messaged me asking me to fill the questions out and send it back so he can claim for the damage. What to do! If it wasn’t broken before he shipped it then filling the form will help him get some ££ back. But he still talked shite about the pickup upgrade. 
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    edited July 2018
    Ok so yesterday, through the post I have received a questionnaire from Parcel Farce, no I don’t think this was damaged in transit, I think it happened before it was shipped and the guy has messaged me asking me to fill the questions out and send it back so he can claim for the damage. What to do! If it wasn’t broken before he shipped it then filling the form will help him get some ££ back. But he still talked shite about the pickup upgrade. 
    Did you say the crack was glued and already repaired or did it seem like fresh damage?, if it was already repaired then just tell them the truth  
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2423
    What to do! If it wasn’t broken before he shipped it then filling the form will help him get some ££ back. But he still talked shite about the pickup upgrade. 
    If you can't be completely sure about the break being done in transit, then jsut say that.

Regarding the pickups, you need to seperate this from the damage issue. Parcel Force aren't asking about them.

Always best to just be honest....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    Adey said:
    What to do! If it wasn’t broken before he shipped it then filling the form will help him get some ££ back. But he still talked shite about the pickup upgrade. 
    If you can't be completely sure about the break being done in transit, then jsut say that.

Regarding the pickups, you need to seperate this from the damage issue. Parcel Force aren't asking about them.

Always best to just be honest....
    Wis.    Just say what you know is true.   If you can’t be certain then say that. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23578
    I can only judge by the pictures, but it looked like a repaired break.  It didn't break in transit then glue itself back together before you opened the box.

I'm no expert on neck breaks (@ICBM where are you?), but I don't think it's possible for it to crack all around the neck like that and just happily stay in place.  At worst the headstock would be hanging off, at best there'd be some obvious movement.  No sharp edges, no splinters?
    No splinters in the box, I double checked it 
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 527
    tFB Trader
    If you don't know 100% it was damaged before it was sent (and you don't) then saying anything except "it was received damaged as in the pictures" is wrong imo. (They should be asking for pictures of the damage and of the outer packaging)
    Sure he may have been a dick and unhelpful and even untruthful but all you know for sure is how you received it and saying anything else is malicious.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited July 2018
    Pretty obviously damaged before it was sent, tell them that and fuck the seller who lied about the pickups anyway 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5007
    I have to say, I'm not seeing repairs there from the photo.

It is entirely possible that a neck can break there, even if it's in a case; there was a post (I think here) a couple of months back about someone's new guitar which arrived broken.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1157
    ^^ There would be evidence if it was a fresh break, like paint chips in the case, and wood splinters
    No wood chips or splinters in box, double checked it before it was sent back. It was well bubble wrapped in a proper guitar box, neck supported and lots of bubble wrap. 
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    No wood chips or splinters in box, double checked it before it was sent back. It was well bubble wrapped in a proper guitar box, neck supported and lots of bubble wrap. 

Is he claiming off insurance from when he sent it to you, or you sending it back to him?

Sounds like a scammer to me, at best I'd state I can't tell if it was broken in transit, thought I'd be far more likely to be honest and say I don't think it was.
    When he sent it to me, I have advised him I won’t fill anything out until the funds have been completely cleared, and I will also only fill in what I think happened, I can’t be sure 100% it didn’t happen in transit 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3684
    Can I just say , at this point, us Irish are not a ''race'', so , mateys comments were technically not ''racist'' and not entirely accurate either, you cant trust anyone these days, and to be fair we have heard the Irish jokes so many fucking times now if you dont have a thick skin at this point you have no skin at all. If anyone cracks on at me about the Irish this and the Irish that I just remind them about the Titanic, ''will you build us an unsinkable ship please paddy?'' ''Yeah , yeah sure I will, unsinkable ya say' =) '
    Any how , whats the craic with the neck? (see what I did there?)
     Dude, what you ''think'' happened has no relevance at all, state the facts and only the facts, its not your problem nor your business, it arrived broke and you sent it back, that's all you know for sure.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    The guy has messaged me asking me to fill the questions out and send it back so he can claim for the damage. What to do!
    Ah yes, the old “please commit fraud for me so I don’t have to”. Can’t see a problem there.
    i have now received an email sheet of questions as well. i aint filling anything in until the funds are cleared, still showing as pending. And i will just tell the truth, box was not damaged guitar inside was. Simples.