Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10771
    Awesome!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    I've finally got myself a fish Tank again now I've got space and a home in not planning on moving out of.

I don't know if me or the kids are more excited about going to buy the plants tomorrow and start planning fish.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Refereed the first competition since I got ill.  Didn't do too much, but only got 1 or 2 cock ups.  Very knackered now.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    acquired a Rav4 to replace the Deathtrap.
    62K and FSH £1900.

Should survive the £10/week rule. easily

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Yay, pay rise.......

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3964
    Called a staff meeting yesterday (yeah I know) and feel privileged to work with such a good bunch of people. I went to them cap in hand to ask for weekend support and every one of them backed me up.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12508
    My wife is out for the day. While she's been out I've fixed the central heating and am now basking in warmth while catching up with recorded episodes of Wheeler Dealers. It was a fairly easy fix, but when she gets home I'll tell her about my heroic struggle to beat the heating system into submission. The blood, sweat and tears. Just a man and a spanner against the world.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    boogieman said:
    My wife is out for the day. While she's been out I've fixed the central heating and am now basking in warmth while catching up with recorded episodes of Wheeler Dealers. It was a fairly easy fix, but when she gets home I'll tell her about my heroic struggle to beat the heating system into submission. The blood, sweat and tears. Just a man and a spanner against the world.
    presumably YOU know how to get the warmth, she will know only how to turn up the thermostat to a number that makes her happy, while YOU still have control over how much heat is actually generated...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12508
    boogieman said:
    presumably YOU know how to get the warmth, she will know only how to turn up the thermostat to a number that makes her happy, while YOU still have control over how much heat is actually generated...
    Erm, well actually the only way I know of getting the house hotter is to crank up the thermostat as well.
    :)
    boogieman said:
    boogieman said:
    Erm, well actually the only way I know of getting the house hotter is to crank up the thermostat as well.
    but if you have an OPERABLE thermostat hidden away somewhere like an under-the-stairs cupboard, and an INOPERABLE one where she can see it, then she can set hers how she likes and she'll be happy, while you have control over how much energy you spend money on ;) (not an original tip, I think I've seen similar on this forum, bit it's a damn good idea)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    boogieman said:
    boogieman said:
    but if you have an OPERABLE thermostat hidden away somewhere like an under-the-stairs cupboard, and an INOPERABLE one where she can see it, then she can set hers how she likes and she'll be happy, while you have control over how much energy you spend money on ;) (not an original tip, I think I've seen similar on this forum, bit it's a damn good idea)
    Why would you want your Mrs cold to save £60 a year....??

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• SporkySporky Frets: 29132
    lloyd said:
    And that level of deception seems odd in what should be a grown-up relationship.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sporky said:
    lloyd said:
    And that level of deception seems odd in what should be a grown-up relationship.
    We have this thermostat conversation every once in a while, it's weird. My thermostat is on at 28 in the winter, my GF gets cold and like a lot of women feels it more than me, I sit in my boxers most evenings. She's under a blanket...I'd never tell her to turn it down when she's genuinely cold, she'd (rightly) tell me to fuck off anyway.

• CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    lloyd said:
    boogieman said:
    boogieman said:
    You could compromise and pay £30 for a jumper, then you have a warm wife and half the money.
    lloyd said:
    boogieman said:
    boogieman said:
    You could compromise and pay £30 for a jumper, then you have a warm wife and half the money.
    That's assuming she's not wearing a jumper....It's like saying you could save yourself a few quid if you put a lock on the cupboards so she eats less food....Weird.

• SporkySporky Frets: 29132
    lloyd said:
    I sit in my boxers most evenings.
    Thanks for that.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    lloyd said:
    lloyd said:
    boogieman said:
    boogieman said:
    That's assuming she's not wearing a jumper....It's like saying you could save yourself a few quid if you put a lock on the cupboards so she eats less food....Weird.
    Not weird if she's a fatso.
    It's weird whether she's obese or a size 8....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    lloyd said:
    boogieman said:
    boogieman said:
    Agreed. In fact, I'd happily pay £60 a year for my wife to wear less clothes around the house! (might not say the same when we're in our 70s though!)
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    lloyd said:
    boogieman said:
    boogieman said:
    It saves £60 per year?