Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

After All These Years Of Spending, Playing & Buying/Selling - Where Are You Now ???

What's Hot

Comments

• I have cut back massively in terms of numbers of everything. 
    Down to 4 electrics From 14 or so. Possibly down to 3 soon. 
    1 Acoustic
    1 Classical
    2 amps but I am selling one
    Helix LT for recording. 

My splurges tend to be linked to musical inactivity. When I am not writing or jamming much I tend to buy like crazy. 
    When I am properly engrossed the thought doesn't enter my head. 

I have noticed with the guitars that buying custom shop has killed my desire to buy more guitars. Before, I used to have loads of £500 range guitars and most got neglected. There was no point keeping them. 

Well my next guitar (in the far off future) will be a CS Jazzmaster, so I hope so!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12542
    I have cut back massively in terms of numbers of everything. 
    Down to 4 electrics From 14 or so. Possibly down to 3 soon. 
    1 Acoustic
    1 Classical
    2 amps but I am selling one
    Helix LT for recording. 

My splurges tend to be linked to musical inactivity. When I am not writing or jamming much I tend to buy like crazy. 
    When I am properly engrossed the thought doesn't enter my head. 

I have noticed with the guitars that buying custom shop has killed my desire to buy more guitars. Before, I used to have loads of £500 range guitars and most got neglected. There was no point keeping them. 

Well my next guitar (in the far off future) will be a CS Jazzmaster, so I hope so!
    I'm clawing my way up bit by bit guitar wise, I've now got two £650ish guitars and a heavily modded 335 copy.  I'd like to get to a top drawer strat, tele and 335 (maybe a jazzmaster too) but my issue is I like modding so much : )
  • Despite my scattergun approach to buying gear, my gigging rig has remained relatively stable fir the last couple of years,. A Marshall JVM800 4010 1x12 combo and a 1x12 SS bass combo are my amps.  

Pedal board with this has 
    Barber tone press compressor
    Hudson broadcast (added this year)
    Zoom Ultrafuzz
    Boss the
    POG2
    Tim
    SA programmable EQ
    Boss DD500
    Hardwire delay

I have a whole bunch of other pedals and a few other amps but I have no need to get rid of them or any guilt about owning them either.  I find it interesting and fun to try swapping things around and in the grand scheme of things I don't spend a great deal.  

This year I added a cheap Peavey Bass and a little Markbass amp that's fun and let's me record better /more pleasing practice recordings on my ancient Boss recorder.

So I'm pretty happy.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12542
    Despite my scattergun approach to buying gear, my gigging rig has remained relatively stable fir the last couple of years,. A Marshall JVM800 4010 1x12 combo and a 1x12 SS bass combo are my amps.  

Zoom Ultrafuzz
    Boss the
    POG2
    Tim
    SA programmable EQ
    Boss DD500
    Hardwire delay

I have a whole bunch of other pedals and a few other amps but I have no need to get rid of them or any guilt about owning them either.  I find it interesting and fun to try swapping things around and in the grand scheme of things I don't spend a great deal.  

This year I added a cheap Peavey Bass and a little Markbass amp that's fun and let's me record better /more pleasing practice recordings on my ancient Boss recorder.

So I'm pretty happy.
    Plus spongebob and hello kitty, what other geetars do you have @Flanging_Fred ;
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7318
    edited August 2018
    I find myself preparing more and more for recording. The kind of music my band makes has a user shelf life, and the reality is that there's only so much left in the tank, especially live....It's time in the studio that inspires me, more than a stage. I think it's no coincidence that it's coinciding with me disappearing down the synth rabbit hole of late too.

That said, my Guitar set up is where I want it. Pedal board is as set as it's ever likely to be, my Jaguar and Jazzmaster are untouchable, and a Fender Twin does everything I want it to. Sure there are things I'd like, but that never goes away; I dont need anything more there. 
  • I'm a beginner to all this (I've only been at this a few years) So nothing fancy....I started with a Encore Strat copy with a Marshall MG15CFX.

Now I'm either using a Fender Standard Strat, PRS SE 24 or my Schecter Blackjack C1.

Pedals: Vox Wah>Boss DS1>Boss BD2> EH Big Muff Pi>EH silencer

Amp: Fender Champion 100

It's not expensive or fancy, but as a bedroom guitarist trying to break out....it will do  :)
    I'm a Grade 4 bedroom guitarist, never played live, who seems to think he needs 5 guitars.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    @munckee there is no rule to say that you can't mod a CS guitar. All mine have been modded.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • munckee said: ko
    Despite my scattergun approach to buying gear, my gigging rig has remained relatively stable fir the last couple of years,. A Marshall JVM800 4010 1x12 combo and a 1x12 SS bass combo are my amps.  

Zoom Ultrafuzz
    Boss the
    POG2
    Tim
    SA programmable EQ
    Boss DD500
    Hardwire delay

So I'm pretty happy.
    Plus spongebob and hello kitty, what other geetars do you have @Flanging_Fred ;
    Guitars at the moment are

Gibson R8
    Charvel 375 deluxe
    Shergold Meteor
    Kawai Aquarius
    Westone Thunder Jet
    Charvel-esque partscaster
    Squier strat (old Japanese one)
    Squier Hello Kitty
    Spongebob!
    Audition 7001

Accoustics I have a 
    Yamaha CPX10
    Yamaha APX5a
    Almaria classical

Plus the Peavey bass

The Squier strat and APX5a are going on the block soon though as they aren't getting as much attention as they should.
  • well contrary to my contribution a couple of days ago am back looking at ways to spend more money:)!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8871
    After all manner of getting and spending and laying waste our powers, have acquired an arsenal of groovy kit but currently settled on a less is more theme: actually playing, rather than fiddling about with microscopic differences in tone, probably more perceived than actual.  That said, the Hudson Broadcast is a fun new addition...

Here's where I'm at.  For today, at least:

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9706
    @JerkMoans - love that photo mate !
    @JerkMoans - love that photo mate !
    Thank you!  Am supposed to be at work, but dragged my gear out of the kitchen and found myself in the 'zone'.  Bet the builders tearing next door apart are loving my Cult licks :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • sw67sw67 Frets: 236
    edited August 2018
    I went 22 years with a 94 les paul and a 94 blues deluxe before i joined this site when i started gigs again. i now have 2 set ups depending on my mood / space

Helix - RCF powered speaker
    Thorpy Warthog - Keeley Mag Echo - MJW Roadstar

Dax and Co Telecaster
    Fender Stratocaster USA Standard
    Gibson Les Paul 
    Gibson Midtown
    Gibson J35 ( house use only )

That's me done - no more 
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414

20 years after first picking up guitar, this is the product of my journey so far:

2008 PRS Mira in Powder Blue

2015 Fender AV65 Jaguar in Sonic Blue

Fender Supersonic 22 Amplifier (live)

Yamaha THR10 Amplifier (home)

Numerous pedals (EQD Talons, Afterneath, Suhr Jack Rabbit and Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail)

I do intend to get rid of two guitars in the near future (Fender Toronado, Fender Mustang Special) and next year I will probably be in the market for either a vintage or CS Jaguar or even a Novo Serus J...

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    So the common theme is:

- Had a few bits and piece and one or two main guitars for years
    - Joined here and have now had over 20 or 30 in a short space of time....

:O
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    So the common theme is:

Scored at least one of mine off you :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    So the common theme is:

Oddly enough my two main guitars were bought within a week of each other as a direct response to logging on here... The amp too!!!
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7032
    JerkMoans said:
    So the common theme is:

And I bought a drum kit off you, then spent a small fortune on a room to put it in!!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    mrkb said:
    JerkMoans said:
    So the common theme is:

And I bought a drum kit off you, then spent a small fortune on a room to put it in!!
    Haha! All part of the eternal Gear Carousel :)
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • So the common theme is:

That's about right.

My amp and a couple of pedals are from here (along with a few guitars that came and went).