Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

After All These Years Of Spending, Playing & Buying/Selling - Where Are You Now ???

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    @Blackjack - you need a bass to go with those too ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 250

Dont tempt me!! I had a friends Fender bass here for a while. Quite missed it when it went, my only regret is I didn’t play it.
    Never tried playing bass..... yet! 

Blackjack said:

Dont tempt me!! I had a friends Fender bass here for a while. Quite missed it when it went, my only regret is I didn’t play it.

You need to have a go at the southern jam in a quiet room then - borrow one of mine and have a go. Broadens your musical horizons I tell you :)

Blackjack said:

You need to have a go at the southern jam in a quiet room then - borrow one of mine and have a go. Broadens your musical horizons I tell you :)

Thank you! I might well take you up on that.  Definitely a whole new dimension.  Could be it would turn out to be my niche! 

Blackjack said:
    Blackjack said:

Thank you! I might well take you up on that.  Definitely a whole new dimension.  Could be it would turn out to be my niche! 

It's certainly useful to know how to get round a bass if you ever want to record tracks at home..!
    Oops!! Forgot to add my Fishman Loudbox Mini acoustic amp.

oh dear......
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    Blackjack said:
    Blackjack said:

It's certainly useful to know how to get round a bass if you ever want to record tracks at home..!
    Dude, it's just half an instrument for a half/failed guitarist :-p
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I’m still not settled with my guitars. Love Strats, had plenty, currently own 2 good’uns but hankering for a 10-12 radius relic and steel frets. Nothing beats steel frets ! 
  • gringopig said:
    This is Sunday round gringo's flat. Guitars may vary (and I have quite a few) depending on mood. I have pedal boards and stuff but generally can't be arsed. Just the Victory or the Twin depending. Curly cable is not optional.

If you're ever looking to move on that duo sonic do let me know ;)
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14007
    I’ve made a conscious decision to own less stuff recently. So ‘out’ has gone my 64 335, PRS McCarty, Taylor GS Mini, American Vintage 59 Strat, Blackstar HT1R and Mesa Lonestar Special.

Not all bad news though - ‘in’ has come a 56 Relic Strat, a PRS DGT, a Busker Delta Resonator and an early 80s Musicman RD50 amp.

@richardhomer hows that DGT shaping up? I'm gassing for one at the moment, I've had several PRSi before but never a DGT.

The only way I can get one this year is to trade up 2 guitars for 1 and not sure I'm ready to do that though.

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24865
    edited August 2018
    RandallFlagg said:
    @richardhomer hows that DGT shaping up? I'm gassing for one at the moment, I've had several PRSi before but never a DGT.

The only way I can get one this year is to trade up 2 guitars for 1 and not sure I'm ready to do that though.
    Really well. I’ve owned three other PRSs - an early 90s Custom, a late 90s McCarty & 2011 McCarty. The DGT combines the best elements of those guitars - but ‘betters’ them significantly.

The pick-ups in particular are great - really clear/bright (for humbuckers) - without being harsh. Yet in spite of the clarity, it has has fat lows/lower-mids - very much in Les Paul territory. It also sustains better than any previous PRS I’ve had.

I bought mine (a 2015) in mint condition privately for below half what a new one costs - a bargain for the quality on offer. It could well be the best electric guitar I’ve ever owned....
  • Fairly happy with my set-up.
    Guitars - '64 AVRI Tele (main live guitar), '64 Jag, Ricky 360 and MIJ Jazzmaster for studio/live. 

Amp is a modded Custom Vibrolux Reverb. 

Basic board with 6 or 7 pedals - tuner, different drives, fuzz, delay. Tend to rotate the drives depending on what I fancy for a given gig. I've had a good run upgrading my drive pedals recently - got a couple of Barbers and a Les Lius all of which are fantastic. Settled on a Soul Bender for fuzz. 

Currently working out parts for our album, which we start on next week. 

Unresolved questions:

1. Happy as I am with the Vibrolux, I'd quite like to go back to the Vox route with an AC15. But slightly worried about reliability of the current offerings, having had poor experiences with AC30CC and AC15CC. Hand wired?

2. I would like a 335 or similar. Can't justify the expense without selling something though - reluctant to let my Ricky go having just put toaster-tops in. The Jag would fund a really nice 335, but I'd probably never get another pre-CBS Fender, so that's probably a no.

3. Never had a Gretsch - could probably justify an Electromatic but are they any good? No idea what model but it would be fun trying a few. 

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    edited August 2018
    Gadget said:
    mli3 said:

After All These Years Of Spending, Playing & Buying/Selling - Where Are You Now ???

Nowhere ! Got some stunning guitars , a beautiful Carr amp, and just don’t get any time to play or practice.
    2 young kids, a baby, job that means I have to get to bed relatively early... my evening doesn’t ever really start till now! Just before 9pm, and still have a few chores to do. 
    My stuff is in the room next to the baby’s etc etc. 

You could say im making excuses.. you’re probably right. Please tell me it will change ? 
    It gets better.

I had to take an enforced break when the kids arrived, but as they get past toddler age you get more and more of your life back.
    My two have just turned 18 and wouldn't be seen dead with me lol. So yes you'll get your life back eventually- a bit too much maybe though as in my case

Ive heard that changes too as they get older though :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9814
    edited August 2018
    Guitars

Fender US Std Tele - a keeper

Fender MIM Strat (with OilCity pickups) - also a keeper

G&L Tribute ASAT Bluesboy semi-hollow which will probably be moved on at some point

An Esquire'd MIM Tele - done to scratch my 'Esquire itch'.  Glad I've done it, but not sure what the future holds for it. I need to swap the pickup for one that has a bit more of a vintage flavour before making any final decisions.

Amps

Orange CR60C combo - currently in the classifieds.

Boss Katana 50 combo - the best £170 I've spent on guitary stuff.

Pedals

Boss Blues Driver - a keeper

MXR Phase 90 - also a keeper

MXR Carbon Copy delay - never use it and will probably sell at some stage.

Morley M2 Wah pedal - IMHO far superior to my old CryBaby but hardly used enough to justify keeping it.

Korg Pitch black tuner.

T Rex Fuel Tank Junior power supply.

I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    happy...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Current guitars
    52ri tele
    Paisley tele with Oil City pickups
    EBMM Albert Lee 
    Squier Strat another I've had since the late 80's.

Current amps
    MJW Bantam - probably my favourite of all the amps I've owned.
    MJW Goldstar Twin - gorgeous, but a bit of a luxury given the Bantam above. 
    Blues Junior

A few pedals but mainly just a tuner, a delay for slap back and a boost.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1044
    Vigier into an AX8 about 95% of the time now and for about the past 18 months. I use a couple of 7s with the band; the other 12-ish guitars get pulled out for various bits of recording that they're suited to. In all honesty I'd get rid of a load if not for sentimental reasons!
  • kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    Got far too many, especially for a very average player, not allowed any more, no room for any more, the only ones I would really like now I can't afford, which would be a Gretsch 6118 (non trem)  - Gretsch 6122 - or 60s SG with wiggle stick.

That Rick 340 in my avatar is THE one, never gonna be bettered.

I have two oustanding amps, not a big fan or pedals or effects. I'm kinda done unless anything happens out of the blue.
  • tone1 said:
     I’m down to a Tweed Deluxe 1x12 clone, Navigator Goldtop, Angry Angus Strat, Small pedalboard with Palmer Distortion, Boss DD-2, Strymon Flint and incoming Emma boost overdrive pedal that I can’t spell the name of..and a crappy acoustic 

https://i.imgur.com/611QaYR.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/cSP2Gu8.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jenmySH.jpg
    how are you finding the boss dd-2?
  • @King85 its a fuzzdog Supreaux kit with DIY artwork.

https://i.imgur.com/PLWDhAM.jpg
    love the artwork btw!