SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Fender Baja Tele 2011 (50s) Butterscotch - Further Price Drop

2»

Comments

• OnparOnpar Frets: 416
    Does this have gloss on the back of the neck and fretboard?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes - the neck and fretboard are fully glossed.
  • Onpar said:
    If this is putting you off, only today have I just got some scotch-brite pads from the supermarket to sort the sticky gloss.

Literally 10-20 seconds of scrubbing the back of my baja telecaster and classic player strat necks has left them silky smooth. Was pretty much my only annoyance with these great guitars.
  • Gerz6558 said:
    Onpar said:
    If this is putting you off, only today have I just got some scotch-brite pads from the supermarket to sort the sticky gloss.

Literally 10-20 seconds of scrubbing the back of my baja telecaster and classic player strat necks has left them silky smooth. Was pretty much my only annoyance with these great guitars.
    Good advice - to be honest I have not played this much so have left it be but it does not feel as sticky as my old PRS neck did.....
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3454
    I have one of these and its never got sticky, my hands dont sweat much though so that could be it, brilliant guitars though.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • robgilmo said:
    I have one of these and its never got sticky, my hands dont sweat much though so that could be it, brilliant guitars though.
    Tbh it was only a problem for me during our heatwaves a few months back. Suppose we won't be seeing them again anytime soon!

Got to say now the gloss has been smoothed off though they feel even better to play for me.
  • On hold.
  • Now sold :-)