Xbox live ?

What's Hot

Comments

• Of course not, Microsoft are generating revenue and therefore don't give a crap.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17874
    tFB Trader
    Emp_Fab said:
    How sad.  Don't these retards get banned for such behaviour then ?
    I was reading a preview of one of the new Military FPS games. The reviewer said when they sat with the other journalists to try it the guy who won the first round stood up and shouted "Suck it up, this is my house bitches!" which is apparently just par for the course for people who play this type of game.
  • Emp_Fab said:
    How sad.  Don't these retards get banned for such behaviour then ?
    There's a robust system for reporting and banning. This is going to be even more detailed following the launch of Xbox One.

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2036
    "Suck it up, this is my house bitches!" 
    Exactly what I shout as soon as I come home from work. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17874
    tFB Trader

Chuffola said:
    "Suck it up, this is my house bitches!" 
    Exactly what I shout as soon as I come home from work. 
    Have you taught your dog how to use the vacuum cleaner?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2954
    We had a punter a couple of years ago who's angelic 14 years old's account had been suspended and wanted to sue MS and go to the press and all sorts of shit.  She couldn't get anything out of MS so we offered to write.

They sent back a copy of the voice recording.   foul mouthed little tosser probably broke several laws.  An xbox ban was the least of his worries, and mum was under no illusions about his behaviour.

Yer they ban some, but they will just set up a new account, under another name.

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24649
    Tell me his mother beat him to within an inch of his life.....  please.....   That story needs a happy ending.

Make it up if you have to...
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited August 2013
    Only played online in COD 2 with friends. We used to alienate pretty much anyone who joined our games with our specifically eclectic rule set: http://juansolo.demon.co.uk/cod.html

As long as you're with a decent group it's not too bad. Later COD games however are just as mentioned above, full of racist arseholes and best avoided. No one uses comms on Battlefield or plays as a team, so that's fairly pointless given the nature of the game. Racing games are fine as long as you're not against some uber simulator nerd with all the gear who just disappears off into the distance.

Killzone 3 on the PS3 still works quite well. It seems to avoid the racist section of America and instead get the middle aged ones. Which is actually pretty good as they seem to like playing the game properly and not being dicks.

But it's all hit and miss. I'll not be renewing gold this time, that's for sure as I can't remember the last time we had a Buzzez session, nor will I be getting it for PS4 as it's going to be a pay for thing also. Too many arseholes spoil it.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Drew_fx said:
    Stop feckin' playing shit games then!!
    What are non shit online games though?

I've never played one I didn't hate. Even the online co-op ones are full of people speed running to collect money, xp, etc. 
    I still regularly play Left 4 Dead online. You really cannot win that game by acting like an asshole.
    Emp_Fab said:
    Tell me his mother beat him to within an inch of his life.....  please.....   That story needs a happy ending.

Careful Emp.... the facepalms are rising!
  • I haven't played Left 4 Dead, but I am a massive fan of Portal 2.
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    I've played a lot of online games, and CoD games seem to be the worst for bumhole-ery.

One player once threatened one of my friends, which we all thought was hilarious "yeah, well, I'm gonna cut your dick of and mail it to your nan!" remember it vividly because we all then started taking the mickey. Russel (the penis owner) even offered to give ScottishForever (the cutter) his address - I was more interested in how someone who was obviously about 14 was going to travel from scotland, remove someones penis and then learn the address of the grandmother of Russel, pop it in a Jiffy bag and return home, all without being caught (even though he'd announced his intention... proof of premeditation...) ... and more importantly how he was playing a game rated 18 - best answer ever to that one "Yeah! I am old enough 'cause my mum bought it for me!"

Now, were Scottish Forever typical of Scots I think the country would have gotten independence long ago as we'd have needed to rebuild Hadrian's Wall (only about 50' high!) just so the male members of our society were safe. ;)

I should add that I saw Russel recently and he still appears to be walking normally and hasn't mentioned and dis-member-ing... 

Alas SausageForever (he did not like that!) is not a unique snowflake on the gaming-wide web. Kids get consoles and hear people being rude/racist/homophobic/etc (and by golly! Never mention you own a vagina on a COD server!!! ;) ) they then become teens and young adults... so they assume that's how you communicate online. 

Apparently the PC online crowd is a little better - which I will be testing soon - possibly something to do with cost... decent gaming PC + proper headset will set you back a LOT more than a console which comes with a headset. Though last night was my first playing Battlefield 3 and someone told me off for using the AA vehicle because it's a noob thing to do (but... i am a noob, so...) though apparently hovering in a helicopter outside the spawn location is not a noob thing to do... and that was in the little message window, could have been worse with a headset...
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2954
    Emp_Fab said:

All I know is that all thoughts of suing MS and reporting them to the press for picking on sweet little did-dums quickly disappeared.  What surprised me was that they had the voice recording.  Apparently they capture everything but its erased unless someone makes a report and them its flagged for a human being to intervene..  

Myranda said:
    I've played a lot of online games, and CoD games seem to be the worst for bumhole-ery.
    I suspect you're right. I mean.... anyone engaging in fantasy murder in settings rather reminiscent of war torn countries HAS to have some amount of bumholery about their brain!!
    Drew_fx said:
    Myranda said:
    I suspect you're right. I mean.... anyone engaging in fantasy murder in settings rather reminiscent of war torn countries HAS to have some amount of bumholery about their brain!!
    Been finding the realism in Battlefield somewhat creepy... it's not just Bad-arab-man-terrorist-A you're shooting it's Saleem who was radicalised after his sister was blown up in an American bombing, he likes football, supports West Ham and really wishes he was a pianist. You can pick out details on their clothes, some have stubble you can pick out different voices of baddies (although as I don't speak arabic they could be reading a takeaway menu for all I know)... the single player stuff is getting somehow too real.
    I don't play those games for precisely that reason. I wanna shoot aliens in the face, not brown people.
    Although not shooting someone because they're brown is surely also racist ;)
  • Drew_fx said:
    I don't play those games for precisely that reason. I wanna shoot aliens in the face, not brown people.
    I see your point. I would like to play a modern military shooter where I'm not the puppet of US foreign policy. 

Well, that's never going to happen is it ?  What about 'COD - Hamas Elite' where you get to launch rockets at illegal Israeli settlements on the West Bank and pick off Mossad members with a sniper rifle.

Or 'Al-Qaeda Assasins' - setting up sleeper cells in rural USA and learning to fly airliners etc...

Wouldn't that be cool if someone produced that ? - just to highlight the hypocrisy of the inevitable frothing at the mouth outrage that would follow :-)

Shit - you're not kidding are you !  How the hell did I get 70 facepalms ??

The facepalm system is pants.  I can't even see why I got them, or from whom.