are you identifiable as a Strat man or a ???? (or whatever guitar type you might be preferring)

What's Hot

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I think I'm a Gibson type guy, I love les Paul's, also play an SG and a junior, own a Strat I play maybe once a year, but I do own a duo sonic that I love
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554
    I'm a Strat/SuperStrat guy, always have been. Although recently I have found myself staring longingly at pictures of Lag, PRS and even Gibson single cuts on 'ere.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    One guitar I just don't get on with is the Strat..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 25006
    edited April 2014
    For many years my only electric guitar was a Strat - and they remain my favourite design, in terms of ergonomics. I've tried to get along with Les Pauls on many occasions but they feel just 'too' different - the controls are in the wrong place and the 'small yet chunky' design just doesn't gel with me.

Now I use a 335 and a PRS McCarty and find I can swap between all three quite freely.

If I had to take one guitar on a gig, it would probably be a Strat but I really like the variety of playing other instruments as well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2461
    edited April 2014
    I'm probably a superstrat player, but I can play most things.

If i were speccing a guitar out myself it'd probably have a mix of fender and gibson style specs.
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Offsets for me too, but I'm quite the tart really, just as long as it's not a Strat

• mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    Les Paul man here. I do have one very good strat though. Every so often I just play the strat for a couple of days but end up wanting the Les Pauls back. However a Les Paul with P90s can cover alot of ground and can sit between a Les Paul, Tele and Strat.
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Strat because it's the one that's always to hand, that has a whammy bar, that is comfortable, and that is versatile. If I had unlimited space and resources I'd own loads more guitars though.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    viz said:
    mike_l said:

The body shape of Strat-based guitars fits me perfectly

Like this?

Yes, the main differences being they have nice lady figures, and my body is fucked.

Oh and they're wwwaaayyy better guitarists than I am too.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    viz said:
    mike_l said:

The body shape of Strat-based guitars fits me perfectly

Like this?

Ah @ 1:30 I'm educated as to what a certain guitar body shape is for!! In unison n'all. ;)
  • Tele man, in fact it was mentioned today, our radio chairman, went into a sign writers I know to get a new sign for station, he mentioned me and the guys there said " oh Taff the tele!" :-h
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    I read something in a magazine basically years ago you could only afford one guitar. So by default you became a Strat or Lester man.
    I believe as others have stated that you don't need X guitar to play a certain genre of music. 90% of the time I would use my SG. So by default I'd say I was an SG player. Although i love my PRS and Tokai 335 copy.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    I think I want to change my designation to Gibson guy because I like my 335 as well.

I will probably post  it on the forthcoming "Show Me Your Number Twos That Are Not Sh*t" thread.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    I've always been a strat man as they just feel right to me, but worryingly I might be becoming a PRS man. 
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4099
    edited April 2014
    JookyChap said:
    Offsets for me too, but I'm quite the tart really, just as long as it's not a Strat
    Me too.  Offsets are weird though cos non-guitarists seem to think they are cheap knock off Strats that you got from Woolworths or something.

And then there was my Breadwinner which someone thought, in all seriousness, was a "proper guitar" which had melted against a radiator.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3308
    Generally a Gibson man, particularly Les Pauls despite not owning a Les Paul for about 3 years. 
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    22 fret double cut prs is where I'm happiest.
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2087
    Strat for me, but I think, if I could justify it, I'd be a PRS convert.  
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3487
    Well I've owned more fenders then any other brand so I think its safe to say I'm a fender man but I do like me some PRS too, never got on with Gibson's due to their necks and what I perceive to be general muddyness of tone.
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 924
    By number owned at the moment I'm a Patrick Eggle man but I do have a few other guitars - PRS, G&L, Blade, Ibanez, etc. so it's not exclusive. Some might think it odd that I don't have any Gibsons or Fenders ATM.