Victory Silverback.

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3897
    Chappers out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    I kind of like Chappers and The Captain, but I'm always annoyed that when they are doing a gear review, most of the time they seem to miss the point of whatever thing they're demoing. And then Chappers will say "you can even shred on it" and then it will be the end.

I don't really know enough about the fella to jump on the hate bandwagon OR the I'm-above-all-this-good-luck-to-the-guy bandwagon. I find his YouTube persona vexatious. My vague suspicion is that if I found myself in a pub with him, we would talk guitars a bit, and I would find that his actual persona is a less exaggerated version of his YouTube persona which, combined with my YouTube-based prejudices, would mean that I had it in for him from the start. Who knows?  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2014
    So it was mentioned earlier in the thread that some people had tried the  Victory amps and were underwhelmed. Can anyone link or quote those comments? I'm interested in reading it. 
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4198
    edited May 2014
    I quite enjoy Chappers and Lee's videos when Chappers is acting his age. When he's in one of those moods where he says things likes "caffeinated beverage" instead of coffee I'll switch it off.

And at least the videos are well recording. So many gear demos on YouTube that are a scratchy, badly-lit mess.

• firks91firks91 Frets: 104
    Loobs said:
    So it was mentioned earlier in the thread that some people had tried the  Victory amps and were underwhelmed. Can anyone link or quote those comments? I'm interested in reading it. 
    take a look through the victory v30 countess discussion, myself and others commented on our experiences
    chewers 
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 357
    Chuffola;232316" said:
    Cacofonix said:I bet Chappers, Pete Thorn, Gearmanndude and that Australian bloke came up high on the list

Pete Thorn and "Chappers"

Under no circumstances could they be compared other than YT views / subscribers.
    Apart from the fact that they derive at least part of their income from demoing guitar gear, do you mean?
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2087
    Yes. They do, but one is a supremely talented guitarist with taste and style and chops, who seems like a good bloke. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 283
    edited May 2014
    Chuffola said:
    Yes. They do, but one is a supremely talented guitarist with taste and style and chops, who seems like a good bloke. 

So what's Pete Thorn like then?

;)

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25568
    Just saw on Facebook that Peach are discontinuing stocking all Victory amps when they've sold out. Special offers on now.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

i saw that too. to be fair i think the cabs would be worth it. the heads though are a no no. the baron may also be a good one if it was a tad cheaper
    Yeah I just saw that Peach have them discounted.

www.peachguitars.com/victory-amps
  • If I hadn't just bought a super sonic and a line 6 m9, I may well have taken a punt on the little combo.
    edited May 2014
    if had the spare ££ that i could spend for the sake of it, id likely get the earl again. sounds stupid seeing as i just took it back, but that was because it just didn't work for my band. it does actually sound nice, just it didn't have the brightness/presence to cut in a 5 piece mix.... nor did it have the clean headroom i need.  i do suspect that a non victory cab may well pair better too. 

i never played one but i maybe the baron could be nice for the house/ rehearsals. 
  • EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    Ressurecting an old thread and looking for abuse at the same time.... Silverback + evh 5150 2x12= massive win. I haven't tried any of the other victory amps out so I can't say wether they are too dark or not but to me the silverback seems pretty damn sweet.
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    viz said:
    Nice! photo image_zpscf697872.jpg

I thought that was the gorillas? ?..I'll get me coat then....