Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

2019 - Year of the Telecaster...???

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Never owned a Tele apart from a very cheap no-name copy that was my first electric guitar.  I've been tempted at times but basically I'm a Strat and semi- hollowbody player.  I also massively prefer Gibson scale (my no 1 Stratalike is short scale) so I can't see me owning a Tele now unless I can pick up a Tom Anderson shorty or similar.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2753
    edited December 2018
    There’s a good chance I’ll get a tele next year, I’ve been toying with a butterscotch black guard + mini humbucker.    
    I could put it together myself or grab an off the shelf, Sc relics or MJT are probably the obvious choices without going Fender CS unless anyone has any other suggestions?
  • wwwwww Frets: 72
    proggy said:
    www said:
    Never played one but am so drawn to them at the moment and I can't explain why. I've got my eyes on a stupidly expensive CS version that's for sale but fortunately I can't afford it!
    Don't you mean unfortunately?
    Hahaha - no! The other half would go mental if I spent £4k on a guitar. 
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3679
    Any guitar, stripped down, at the end of the day, what it all boils down to, without the frills and bollocks, is a Telecaster.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • My Tele has body contours... but it's a Charvel. I didn't really think it was a Tele but when I posted a NGD thread quite a few people said it was.

Whichever way you call it, the neck is amazing and it's all the Telecaster I can imagine myself ever needing :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)