https://youtu.be/HeleviZBJT8
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4304
    I need glowing shark fins in my life
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4250
    edited July 2020
    Kebabkid said:
    I ordered mine from.China (cheaper) along with a pen torch to light/charge them up. Arrived quickly and no issue and I had them installed on a bass by a Luthier for £30.

They work well and make a difference. Just make sure you get the right size as too big and they look gimmicky
    Ah interesting, I’d tried a couple of search terms on aliexpress but hadn’t found any equivalents just yet - don’t suppose you still have a link to your ones please?
  • KevSKevS Frets: 512
    Kebabkid said:
    I ordered mine from.China (cheaper) along with a pen torch to light/charge them up. Arrived quickly and no issue and I had them installed on a bass by a Luthier for £30.

They work well and make a difference. Just make sure you get the right size as too big and they look gimmicky
    Ah interesting, I’d tried a couple of search terms on aliexpress but hadn’t found any equivalents just yet - don’t suppose you still have a link to your ones please?

.Sorry,I've not been on for ages..Just saw your message.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/luminlay

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11758
    tFB Trader
    We use quite a bit of Luminlay . It is quite expensive (or has been to date).
    We used the larger 5mm pipe version on this neck - hard to miss the dots !

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JazzthatJazzthat Frets: 163
    WezV said:
    I normally trim them down with a razor blade rather than file.. the material is fairly soft so cuts easily. And you can get very close is you are comfortable with the blade

I only ordered a small amount to try years ago and have had about 4-5 guitars worth out of it
    I don't know about that @WezV .

When I was doing them , I had to use junior saw ! The inlay material seemed very hard to me and Stanley knife didn't do much apart from just cut in a bit and stopped . 
    It felt dangerous to continue so used different tool as above . 
    Finished it off with file and sandpaper .
  • JazzthatJazzthat Frets: 163
    From my experience , luminlays stay on bright only for about 10-15min . After that , they gradually loose their brightness . 
    I've no experience on stage , but I believe with a decent lights from top every now and then they can recharge enough to let you see in dark .

Here's mine I did a while ago .