Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Porsche Cayenne - anyone owned one?

What's Hot

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16279
    edited January 2019
    Snap said:
    @snap I don't think anyone driving an X6 has the right to call anything else "ugly", but glad you're happy! I do like BMW non-SUVs in general

lol, mate, its a thing of beauty.....;)

I'm a big BMW fan but I can't agree. The x6 looks like someone attempted to abort it during labour. 
    I imagine it's great to drive but I'd rather have the x5 or x7. Or better still a 5/6/7 

I think the X6 is a brutal ,handsome looking thing (fixed)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6269
    Gassage said:
    I had one of the first shape 4.5 S's.

Lot of bollocks being talked here, as anyone who has driven one would know that nothing will handle at that size like the Porsche and in terms of performance, it depends which one you get - nothing will live with a Turbo S. Nothing at all.

Had a petrol 3,0L X5 after and the Porsche was so so so much more frugal!

Re costs, take it to Cridfords, 400 quid service and spend a grand on their warranty which is self- underwritten and bulletproof.

Well mate, having driven both, I'd say there is very little between the Cayenne and the X6 in terms of handling. The Porsche had the edge, but only by a whisker.

The price of a Turbo S, and the subsequent running would put me off, I'd be bricking it in case something went wrong!

I have a hankering for an X6M, the V8. The new one, which is due out late this year, or early next will apparently have around 600BHP. Oh aye. Have it

Mine is now a couple of years old, on a PCP, and the dealer is on to me to change. I'm not bothered. However, there are some really really good deals on new M5s. Quite tempting. Now that is a monster.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Would rather have an RS6 or RS4 than an M5 ......less depreciation too
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2099
    Just on the X6, Im not a fan of the shape but I get the appeal, one thing I can say is that one of them crashed outside our house ( on a main road) , rolled it a few times, hit a tree, then through someones garden wall...4 people got out relatively unscathed. 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Yeah, they are pretty solid. They are a bit daft though. Mine has 21" 315 tyres on it. Huge things. Look great though IMO.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    See the source image

By no stretch of the imagination could this be described as a pretty car,
    At least the Cayenne looks pretty slick.
    lmao! See, I quite like that
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1958
    I had an X5 for an extended demo about 18 months ago. IME they don't drive anything like a decent coupe.I think they are decent cars if you can live with the economy (and the fact they are a nightmare to park in the UK), but beyond traffic light Grand Prix, I can't see how you would ever give much driving enjoyment from a car which has work so hard to contain it's bulk. 

IMHO SUV's make much more sense as relaxed cruisers than trying to be sporty. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I agree with @Lodius but they don't have to look like a brick to the wind ie Discovery ........what's wrong with them looking sporty for aesthetic reasons.
    @Sassafras.........I think that picture looks fantastic.........not my colour choice but great looking "bully" of a car
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:
    See the source image

I like that.. 
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1567
    Sassafras said:
    See the source image

That just screams drug dealer!
  • I like the look of that BMW although not my style.
    In graphite matte it would look great. 
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825
    The wheels look really small.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12509
    Sassafras said:
    See the source image

I like that.. 
    Nice colour but those always remind me of Tonka cars. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11517
    edited January 2019
    Jalapeno said:

Much bargains to be had in s/h 4x4 Diesels at the moment.

Might get cheaper still.  The Ultra Low Emission Zone is starting in central London in April, and being rolled out to a much bigger area in two years time.  Any diesel that is not Euro VI (older than 2014) will be charged £12.50 to drive in London.  There are a silly number of diesels around our area that people will need to get rid of over the next two years.  Across London, there will hundreds of thousands of them flooding the market.

Judging by the Cayenne I was following last night, there is something about them that causes their owners to lose the ability to drive competently.

If I had that kind of money, I'd spend it on a pre-CBS Fender.  Have to decide whether to get a Strat, or Tele.  Just looked but the price of a Cayenne.  I could get a Strat and a Tele, and probably have money left for a player grade 335.

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6414
    Lodious said:

IMHO SUV's make much more sense as relaxed cruisers than trying to be sporty. 

IMHO too (WIS'd)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    Sassafras said:
    See the source image
    Looks like it's had a bump on the rear quarter.

Probably cut someone up or turned left without indicating.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27703
    edited January 2019
    crunchman said:

Judging by the Cayenne I was following last night, there is something about them that causes their owners to lose the ability to drive competently.

I have a feeling you have the cause & effect reversed there... 

EDIT:  It's a bit like Nissan Patrol drivers here. It's virtually identical to a Land Cruiser, usually costs slightly more money, and what feels like 99% time, it's driven in the absolute worst way imaginable. I can only assume buyers make a conscious decision to buy one because it actively makes an outward statement to the world that you're a shitty bullying driver
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    The plug-in hybrid Cayenne is rated as the best hybrid tow car out there. 

So you can really look the biz with a nice horse box or a snazzy Swift Danette behind it.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11517
    The plug-in hybrid Cayenne is rated as the best hybrid tow car out there. 

So you can really look the biz with a nice horse box or a snazzy Swift Danette behind it.

The cost of the hybrid one, plus the cost of keeping horses would put you in 50's burst territory.  I know where I'd rather spend my money.