You own a Strat & a Tele, so what other Fender would you choose?

What's Hot

Comments

• Another Strat then another Tele and another Strat... etc... 
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7181
    Silver Sky?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • antonyivantonyiv Frets: 304
    Meteora. :)

On a more serious note, my tele and strat collect dust since I bought a Jaguar two weeks ago.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • antonyiv said:

On a more serious note, my tele and strat collect dust since I bought a Jaguar two weeks ago.
    What one did you get @antonyiv ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14676
    My money went on an AVRI 62 Jaguar and some upgrade parts.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • antonyivantonyiv Frets: 304
    antonyiv said:

What one did you get @antonyiv ?
    50th Anniversary model http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/148062/ngd-x-2-hes-got-the-jag#latest

Awesome guitar, but the bridge is a joke but I’m gonna change it soon.
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Got to be a Jazzmaster- that's what I did. Getting another Tele or Strat with some different pickups is not being that different. Jazzmaster is a different flavour to a Tele or Strat.
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    munckee said:
    I played a us jazzmaster today at andertons, after years of thinking it might be the answer, It was very nice but like a strat without a tremolo and therefore not as good. 
    No tremolo (vibrato), that's not a proper Jazzmaster then.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9720
    Although I listen to a lot of music played on a Jazzmaster, after a Strat and Tele I went for a Jaguar because - different scale length for a different feel, I like chrome and switches, and Johnny Marr had been playing them exclusively and been getting great sounds out of them.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23461
    Mustang, but ideally one with a fixed bridge.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Leaving basses out of it, I'd just get another Strat with different pickups - HH to start with.

I just personally dislike the Jazzmaster and Jaguar aesthetically and can't think of any of the novelty mashups that come to mind but maybe I'd look for one of those with an HH config just for variety.

If we are allowed to mention basses, if the question was "you own a Precision and a Jazz" my answer would actually be to get another Precision - it's the only model I'd want 2 of with the same pickup config - one for flat wound strings and one for round wounds. Actually looking for a second P bass at the moment for that reason.

Can't think of any equivalent to the string thing for guitars so would need different pickup types for me to want more than one of the same model.
  • KevSKevS Frets: 512
    An one Pickup Esquire..Les Paul Juniors with one pick up and no magnetic string pull at the neck pick up position seems to enhance the tone coming from the bridge pick up..I've tried a few LP Specials against Juniors,Juniors have something extra going on..So why not on an Esquire too..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • My main guitars are a Shiflett Tele, Esquire & Jazzmaster Deluxe. 
    I'd suggest the Shiflett if you want rock noises or the Jazzmaster if you want something more Fenderish. 
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3413
    edited January 2019
    If I had two Fenders already then I would buy something from a different manufacturer.

But if it had to be another Fender I'd go for a shiflett tele or j mascis jazzmaster.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3090
    Mustang...no trem
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27494
    Jazzmaster, or Thinline Tele with WRHBs or Jaguar or Jazzmaster with WRHBs. 

But I'd also look at an SG or Gretsch or Les Paul or ES339 to get further away from the Fender thing. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12473
    Jazzmaster, or Thinline Tele with WRHBs or Jaguar or Jazzmaster with WRHBs. 

But I'd also look at an SG or Gretsch or Les Paul or ES339 to get further away from the Fender thing. 
    Also tried an electromatic centre block yesterday. Sounded great through a 12 inch vox ac4. 
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8831
    After I got my jazzmaster my strat never got a look in. So, yet another vote for a JM. Or perhaps a new Electric XII for the jangle.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8558
    First of all your tree should have humbuckers- once that’s fixed then either a Jazzmaster or Jaguar - inspiration machines.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom