Fleetwood Mac

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74470
    He really is very good yes - that picking is so intricate I thought there was a delay on it at first, but I don't think so (if there is, he must kill it on the very last beat too, since there's no repeat).

But that still doesn't excuse hiding extra musicians at the back. Although off-stage is far worse...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pigfacepigface Frets: 213
    The solo in 'go your own way' was famously cobbled together from bits Lindsays had done in the studio. He had to learn it before they went on tour. But, as several have said above, he's a great player. After all, he did play the stuff in the first place, just not necessarily in the final order :-)
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31591
    One of my top 3 influences. Monster- the epitome of playing the song not the guitar.

Note- he is, by trade, a bluegrass banjo player.

Tapewound strings on his electrics so he can get those picked sustained notes

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16666
    pigface said:
    The solo in 'go your own way' was famously cobbled together from bits Lindsays had done in the studio. He had to learn it before they went on tour. But, as several have said above, he's a great player. After all, he did play the stuff in the first place, just not necessarily in the final order :-)
    A bit like my playing - all the right notes, just not neccesarilly in the right order.

IIRC Fleetwood Mac wanted him for the band and Nicks came along just as part of the package. This was a band used to working with some pretty top guitarists so that says something about Buckingham.

With the session bloke standing at the back of the stage thing (as I raised this) if you are watching a film and you have a vague sense of how the guitar works then its easy enough to know what he is/isn't playing. Stood at the back of an arena or not knowing much about the guitar you could easilly get the impression that he was contributing more to the overall sound than he actually is.

On the other hand I have had friends come to see me and then say how much they enjoyed my bass playing (sic) so maybe confusing the ears of some punters isn't much of a crime. 
    :ar!
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    @erictheweary

Reported to moderators. NO-ONE *enjoys* bass playing.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    The second song in this video, Go Insane, is Lindsey at his best Incredible song amazing singing amazing playing.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16666
    Gassage said:
    @erictheweary

Reported to moderators. NO-ONE *enjoys* bass playing.
    they were probably just being polite. But it is a weird disconect that you can watch what people are doing and not be able to relate it to the noise being made.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2014
    Lindsey's rig here: I've played a Turner- arguably the nicest instrument I've ever played.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74470
    I see two Trem-o-verbs… :)

Great video, very interesting.

Amazing to discover that the Turners are solid and heavier than a Les Paul - I always assumed they were semi-hollow.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28744
    Buckingham is so good that they needed 2 guys to replace his parts when he quit.

That Big Love video is just phenomenal - there is slapback on it but that doesn't take away from just how much he's doing there!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires

ICBM said:
    I see two Trem-o-verbs… :)

Great video, very interesting.

Amazing to discover that the Turners are solid and heavier than a Les Paul - I always assumed they were semi-hollow.

I have played one. Incredible instruments. Power beyond belief and so comfy to play as very small bodied. The workmanship is just sublime. I'd love one

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 25006
    edited May 2014
    Gassage;247817" said:
    I have played one. Incredible instruments. Power beyond belief and so comfy to play as very small bodied. The workmanship is just sublime. I'd love one
    Given how many Lindsay Buckingham seems to have in the video, I'm amazed there were any available for anyone else to try...
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 7066
    edited May 2014
    Looking at some of the other vids LB is a really good player. He murders the guitar and vocals here though!

Previously known as stevebrum