Get a banana yellow Volvo 850 R

Yer a sick man @strtdv so you are.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1750
    Veganic said:
    Get the bus.
    He has. Look back on the thread. May 13th.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2498
    @Emp_Fab that's a future classic!
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12049
    Emp_Fab said:
    strtdv said:
    Get a banana yellow Volvo 850 R

Yer a sick man @strtdv so you are.
    Lol these are actually very desirable! And they go like the clappers!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24630
    ....and look like Liberace's hearse.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27674
    Cough...

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2498
    Sadly the new model MX5 is over budget I reckon, the very cheapest of the new ones is £11k.

I reckon in a year or two I might get one, the newest 2019 2 litre model looks like it's probably the best one ever, usefully quicker than the 2015-2018 model and has a bit more kit too
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    edited May 2019
    This thread is gold lol

Have you considered this... it's petrol, very low running costs, great fuel consumption, rust proof bodywork, doesn't need an MOT and will definitely stand out in a crowd...

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 562
    You don't see these about any more, I wonder if they have become collectable , or did the government round them all up and shoot them dead? 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73003
    ROOG said:
    You don't see these about any more, I wonder if they have become collectable , or did the government round them all up and shoot them dead? 
    The latter. They were deemed unsafe, collected from their users some time in the early 2000s and destroyed. A tiny number apparently survive, which had been 'lost' beforehand.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ROOGROOG Frets: 562
    ICBM said:
    ROOG said:
    The latter. They were deemed unsafe, collected from their users some time in the early 2000s and destroyed. A tiny number apparently survive, which had been 'lost' beforehand.
    That would make sense, do you know if they were free issued to the poor users? As if it wasn't bad enough being less ambulant  the state goes and draws attention to your plight. 

ROOG said:

That would make sense, do you know if they were free issued to the poor users? As if it wasn't bad enough being less ambulant  the state goes and draws attention to your plight. 
    Yes, they were never owned by the users so they had no right to keep hold of them when they were withdrawn.

In 2003, apparently - https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/apr/29/ac-invacar-model-70-review-invalid-carriage-festival-of-the-unexceptional

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 784
    ICBM said:
    ROOG said:

Yes, they were never owned by the users so they had no right to keep hold of them when they were withdrawn.

In 2003, apparently - https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/apr/29/ac-invacar-model-70-review-invalid-carriage-festival-of-the-unexceptional

Look you two, you wouldn't expect Emp to go off wittering about totally unhelpful stuff on one of your threads wouldya? This is most definitely not helping him buy a new car !

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3447
    Octafish said:
    This thread is gold lol

Have you considered this... it's petrol, very low running costs, great fuel consumption, rust proof bodywork, doesn't need an MOT and will definitely stand out in a crowd...

Many years ago in Glasgow one of those reversed out of a space into me as I drove past. There was barely a mark on my old Astramax van but the fibreglass has cracked almost front to back across the invacar thing...
    kaypeejay said:

Look you two, you wouldn't expect Emp to go off wittering about totally unhelpful stuff on one of your threads wouldya? 
    Er.... yes :).

• kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 784
    A mate of mine had a Reliant Robin because you only need a bike licence to drive one. He used to drive around in circles with the inside wheel up in the air while we were in the back pretending to be sidecar riders trying to keep the wheel down. It was all great until one day he flipped it and we ended up-side-down on the grass verge.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24630
    It's crunch time.  I HAVE TO buy something this weekend.  I've been told.

It's probably going to be one of three cars - a white '13 Civic, a white Seat Ibiza or a white Leon.

...or a puke-green Civic.

...or a Suzuki GSX 1400.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12493
    edited May 2019
    kaypeejay said:
    A mate of mine had a Reliant Robin because you only need a bike licence to drive one. He used to drive around in circles with the inside wheel up in the air while we were in the back pretending to be sidecar riders trying to keep the wheel down. It was all great until one day he flipped it and we ended up-side-down on the grass verge.
    My uncle had ia Robin for the same reason, only a bike licence needed. He drove over to see my dad when my old man moved into a new place. Unfortunately my dad’s “driveway” at the time was two rows of paving slabs with gravel in between. You can imagine what happened when my uncle drove in   My dad said it was like watching a boat beaching itself. 
  • jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
    edited May 2019
    Can't remember if this has already been suggested or refuted but how about a 1.4 Tsi VW Scirocco? Just nobody say anything about stretched timing chains.... 

Emp_Fab said:
    It's crunch time.  I HAVE TO buy something this weekend.  I've been told.

It's probably going to be one of three cars - a white '13 Civic, a white Seat Ibiza or a white Leon.

...or a puke-green Civic.

...or a Suzuki GSX 1400.
    Buy the bike. It's definitely the right choice. Then we can have another thread about which bike to buy  
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom