Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Old hat guitars.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    I recognize him, he's the vintage Strat Go Fund Me geezer with the pet rabbit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3310
    tFB Trader
    it's dave simpson on you tube, he's quite funny imo,  i like some of his videos 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It’s a funny carry on now, looks like.  there’s no proper staff there other than the owner, 
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12457
    Dave Simpson is a great player, madly enthusiastic too, id deffo have a pint with that guy, he loves his guitars
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I was a bit confused by this thread as it could be taken that it was Dave Simpson's shop, which did seem a bit out of character. Seems he was just paid to record the demos and work in the shop, and found it wasn't for him.

• I was a bit confused by this thread as it could be taken that it was Dave Simpson's shop, which did seem a bit out of character. Seems he was just paid to record the demos and work in the shop, and found it wasn't for him.

May be they refused to just give him guitars he liked but couldn’t afford to buy....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jhumberjhumber Frets: 238
    edited November 2018
    Is there anywhere you can see an up-to-date inventory of the shop? The website doesn't look to have been updated in years, ditto for the FB page. 
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6843
    edited November 2018 tFB Trader
    Are they still displaying loads of vintage stuff there but refusing to sell it cause it’s part of their “museum”??

I rang them once and the chap, Norman, described 3 lovely 60’s Tele’s that he had in stock in great detail and I said “sounds great! When can I come and have a look?”

”Oh no, they are not for sale...” 
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    miserneil said:
    Are they still displaying loads of vintage stuff there but refusing to sell it cause it’s part of their “museum”??

I rang them once and the chap, Norman, described 3 lovely 60’s Tele’s that he had in stock in great detail and I said “sounds great! When can I come and have a look?”

yep it’s a con, all the good stuff isn’t for sale but you can massage Norman’s ego by going in his museum. 

The place is shit. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

• IIRC, there was a long thread years ago about the owner and his peculiar attitudes to not selling stuff and/or (lack of) customer service?

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• miserneil said:

So it’s sort of the opposite of every other retailer?
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3378
    I don’t know any back story and I wasn’t in a position to buy but every item had a price tag. Some at silly prices and everything needed new strings and a good clean. But like I said he was willing for me to play anything I liked through any amp i liked, maybe it’s had been different if I actually tried?

• IIRC, there was a long thread years ago about the owner and his peculiar attitudes to not selling stuff and/or (lack of) customer service?
    This one?

This one?

Yup! :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• I once had the winning bid on EBay for a WEM Dominator combo, a bargain £60! Turned out it was from Norman’s and he offered to drive it straight to my door for a tenner... even carried it into my sitting room! Nice guy I thought
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom