Thorpy Warthog V2

What's Hot
builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 463
Bloody! Wow! I paired up the Warthog and an EP Booster with my PRRI on Friday night, guitar was a jazzmaster with P-90’s. Quite simply it’s one of the best distortion and lead tone creators I’ve ever come across. Easy to dial in, it’s articulate and fat, does fantastic light overdriven tones up to fuzzy, gooey like distortion.  I could probably sack off the other OD’s and Distortions on my board but nope! the underrated and often overlooked Boss SD-2 Dual Drive is staying. This is a perfect distortion box for those into alt rock, heavy rock, post rock and math rock and even gets me close to those Built To Spill tones, it’s also perfect for your Neil Young stuff. So looking forward to running the Boss DM-2w into the Warthog as I recently discovered I prefer my delays in front of dirt. A massive thanks and pat on the back to @ThorpyFX ;
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1091
    I love mine! ridiculously versatile.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17938
    tFB Trader
    Really wish I hadn't sold mine :(
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 677
    Mine hasn’t been turned off since I got it on Thursday! It’s phenomenal! Haven’t yet paired it with the SD-2 though!
  • builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 463
    Me neither will try tonight
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    I sold mine last year and just re bought one again. Amazing versatile pedal.  
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6237
    tFB Trader
    Thanks everyone!!! 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • DaveMonDaveMon Frets: 26
    Just picked one up on Sunday, already replaced 1, possibly 2 pedals on my board.
    Very nice! Love the build quality.

Already thinking about which Thorpy pedal to get next.....
    DaveMon said:
    Just picked one up on Sunday, already replaced 1, possibly 2 pedals on my board.
    Very nice! Love the build quality.

Already thinking about which Thorpy pedal to get next.....
    Which pedals did it replace @DaveMon ? loving it at the moment such a great distortion.
  • DaveMonDaveMon Frets: 26
    @builttospill ;A Way Huge Russian Pickle and quite possibly the EHX opamp big muff as well.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Next I'd be looking at the Peacekeeper or possibly Fat General? not sure really, I don't want to rejig my board round too much.

The only two Thorpy drive pedals I don't currently own are The Dane and Germanium Vet. I've also got a Fat General.

I couldn't even begin to advise on which you should go for next, as they are all absolutely outstanding!

The only two Thorpy drive pedals I don't currently own are The Dane and Germanium Vet. I've also got a Fat General.

I couldn't even begin to advise on which you should go for next, as they are all absolutely outstanding!

Have you tried it with the SD-2?

Not yet bud, was busy over the weekend. Maybe have a blast tonight though.

You running SD-2 > Warthog?

• How does the Warthog compare to a RAT, a Muff and the Gunshot? 
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    How does the Warthog compare to a RAT, a Muff and the Gunshot? 

The Warthog can really cover a lot of ground - it can do quite clean, dirty boost, overdrive, distortion and fuzz as you move round the gain spectrum. Definitely the most versatile of all the pedals you've mentioned.

Not yet bud, was busy over the weekend. Maybe have a blast tonight though.

You running SD-2 > Warthog?

Warthog>SD-2 but will try other way round
    Will run the with the EP Booster too so it'll be Warthog>SD-2>EP

The Warthog can really cover a lot of ground - it can do quite clean, dirty boost, overdrive, distortion and fuzz as you move round the gain spectrum. Definitely the most versatile of all the pedals you've mentioned.

Out of interest if you have the volume on max and both and gain and calibre at zero is it supposed to do a clean boost? 

Out of interest if you have the volume on max and both and gain and calibre at zero is it supposed to do a clean boost? 

@ThorpyFX - what say you?

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6237
    tFB Trader

@ThorpyFX - what say you?

Yes, pretty much, you'll have to balance the calibre and gain to ensure that the circuit isn't clipping.but yes, its a really nice clean boost too.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com