Thorpy Warthog V2

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 464
    ThorpyFX said:
    How does the Warthog compare to a RAT, a Muff and the Gunshot? 

The Warthog can really cover a lot of ground - it can do quite clean, dirty boost, overdrive, distortion and fuzz as you move round the gain spectrum. Definitely the most versatile of all the pedals you've mentioned.

Out of interest if you have the volume on max and both and gain and calibre at zero is it supposed to do a clean boost? 

@ThorpyFX - what say you?

Yes, pretty much, you'll have to balance the calibre and gain to ensure that the circuit isn't clipping.but yes, its a really nice clean boost too.
    That's brilliant thanks!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 945
    edited March 2022
    Curious to try one of these, it sounds pure filth in the demos I’ve heard. How’s the cleanup on it?
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 1121
    Curious to try one of these, it sounds pure filth in the demos I’ve heard. How’s the cleanup on it?
    Cleans up very well. Funnily enough I was playing through mine last night and trying out different pedal orders. It really is very responsive to volume changes from the guitar pots or pedals in front, or just dynamics. You can totally set it so that it is nearly clean with light picking and gets really snarly when you dig in. One of its best attributes imo. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 1121
    Should say mine is v1 but I'm pretty sure they're the same sound wise. 
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 945
    edited March 2022
    Thanks supportact. I'm wondering what the difference between the two versions is then - smaller enclosure perhaps? Can't find any info online. 
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    its a smaller enclosure. 

I dont think anything else is different. @ThorpyFX might be able to chip in here if he is about
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6240
    tFB Trader
    its a smaller enclosure. 

I dont think anything else is different. @ThorpyFX might be able to chip in here if he is about
    correct, identical pedals save for the enclosure size being smaller on the V2 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • This is just one of the best drive pedals ever made. Simple as that.