SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Fender Custom Shop Tele SOLD

What's Hot
keirkeir Frets: 144
edited May 2019 in Guitars £
NOW SOLD in record time. 

I’m looking for £1600 collected, firm. Not interested in trades, thanks. I’m willing to post at the buyers expense. 

It’s a 60s top bound fiesta red relic tele. AAA rosewood fretboard. Hand-wound custom shop 63 pickups. 

Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• photekphotek Frets: 1471
    Stunning, John English neck profile as well!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jimkehoejimkehoe Frets: 247
    photek said:
    Stunning, John English neck profile as well!
    What is a John English neck profile please? Chunky, slim, U, C,  V ?
    Also can you tell me an accurate weight please.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • keirkeir Frets: 144
    Sold in record time. Sorry to those who missed out. 
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1088
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2714
    That guitar looks absolutely stunning
  • keirkeir Frets: 144
    Nice
  • Wow, that's super lame. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • bacchanalianbacchanalian Frets: 924
    Thanks for pointing the listing out.  I am in the market for a tele and missed out on this one.

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    £2250 on eBay? Wow. I need to start buying and selling CS stuff ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • What a twat on ebay, shame on them.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7360
    What a twat on ebay, shame on them.
    Indeed , I know some say that if you get your asking price on here it shouldn’t matter what happens afterwards but that leaves a sour taste.

I hope the bedroom dealer that’s flipping it drops it down the stairs and loses money on it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    This guitar is proving elusive.
    I was considering hitting the button and it is gone again, transformed into a wig.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2250
    edited June 2019
    £1600 was a very good price and under market value.  The buyer may just not have bonded with the guitar and decided to move it on for whatever reason.  In which case why would not you price it in line with similar guitars on ebay?  

On the hand, .... if it was bought solely for flippaage reasons then admittedly that does feels like taking advantage of the favourable  deals / good faith that we enjoy on this forum thing.    
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • After sitting here reading the horrid comments on here, I thought I'd come out as - the twat. 

Some context - 

I just sold my 3 pup R9 for 2600 to a member on here and its 4250 best offers on reverb after a week. 

Traded my 66 tele recently for an R9, R8 and a CS SG. Told the seller they were likely to be sold. 

SG went for 2k to a member on here in literally 10 mins. The buyer is stoked. 

R8 2017 got low balled (2000) on here and then went to a mate of a mate for 2200 and turns out he owns a guitar shop.

2016 R9 2 pup got stupidly low balled on here  before selling it locally for 2675, again turned out to be a guitar shop. 

Amazingly noone wanted them at those prices and whatever the price just got offered even lower.

So I bought the Tele for 1600. Didn't really get on with it (lovely guitar, nice neck but I prefer different pups), so put it on ebay for 2250 best offers, on the basis that it would get offers of 1750 on there, as everyone low balls. And less fees that gets my cash back. 

I've taken it off there due to all the comments on here and didn't put it on here as I'm just sad of all the low ball offers, tyre kickers and Facebook nastiness that's started to appear - I'd put it on here for 1600 and get offered 1400.

Amazing that there is an esquire on here for 1600 and noone has bought it yet everyone is kicked off at me selling the Tele on ebay. 

I'm a bit cheesed off and tbh may stop using the forum, which is a pity as I've met some absolutely amazing people and made some good friends. This is a fantastic place and resource. 

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Agree that it is possible that there was a bonding issue but is the appropriate action not to offer it back here, maybe for someone who might bond with it. 

Classifieds is probably not the place to start a flipping discussion.
    There are enough guitars for sale on here that members can decide for themselves who to deal with or not.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1426
    @bgmartinsbridge is a top guy to deal with. I also sell on guitars I don’t bond with and always price them for more than I paid to try to cover the fees involved - not to make a profit.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1108
    +1 for @bgmartinsbridge . Brad is a top bloke and has sold some bloody amazing guitars on here for peanuts. That's the merry go round of buying and selling guitars.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7360
    I’ve been swapping PMs with Brad since my comment above and whole heartedly take back what I’ve said.

I certainly wouldn’t withdraw my sentiments if it were a bargain hoovering bedroom trader who takes out but doesn’t put in  but that description couldn’t be further from the truth with BG who contributes loads and is a thoroughly decent bloke to boot.

Public apology mate to go with the private one !

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2250
    Fishboy7 said:
    £1600 was a very good price and under market value.  The buyer may just not have bonded with the guitar and decided to move it on for whatever reason.  In which case why not price it in line with similar guitars on ebay?  

On the hand, .... if it was bought solely for flippaage reasons the that feels like taking advantage of the favourable  deals / good faith that we enjoy on this forum thing.    

@bgmartinsbridge - great response.  Clearly the former scenario not the latter.