SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Fender Custom Shop Tele SOLD

What's Hot

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5203
    edited June 2019
    I bought a Telecaster on here a few years back and quickly realised the neck was too big for me... I was a bit too embarrassed to put it straight back on here.... I stuck a Callaham bridge on it and stuck it on Gumtree for £100 more to allow for some haggling and the extra Callaham...I’m sure it looked like I was trying to make £100 but I was just happy to break even. Flippage happens for a multitude of reasons, and not always sinister 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bacchanalianbacchanalian Frets: 924
    @bgmartinsbridge Apologies if you listed it with best offers as I would definitely have made an offer that you would have been happy with.
    Can't bid now as I have already committed the funds elsewhere.
    I hope this does not sour your relationship with the forum.
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5640
    @bgmartinsbridge Please stick around. It's your guitar and you can do whatever you like with it.
  • keirkeir Frets: 144
    After sitting here reading the horrid comments on here, I thought I'd come out as - the twat. 

Some context - 

I just sold my 3 pup R9 for 2600 to a member on here and its 4250 best offers on reverb after a week. 

Traded my 66 tele recently for an R9, R8 and a CS SG. Told the seller they were likely to be sold. 

SG went for 2k to a member on here in literally 10 mins. The buyer is stoked. 

R8 2017 got low balled (2000) on here and then went to a mate of a mate for 2200 and turns out he owns a guitar shop.

2016 R9 2 pup got stupidly low balled on here  before selling it locally for 2675, again turned out to be a guitar shop. 

Amazingly noone wanted them at those prices and whatever the price just got offered even lower.

So I bought the Tele for 1600. Didn't really get on with it (lovely guitar, nice neck but I prefer different pups), so put it on ebay for 2250 best offers, on the basis that it would get offers of 1750 on there, as everyone low balls. And less fees that gets my cash back. 

I've taken it off there due to all the comments on here and didn't put it on here as I'm just sad of all the low ball offers, tyre kickers and Facebook nastiness that's started to appear - I'd put it on here for 1600 and get offered 1400.

Amazing that there is an esquire on here for 1600 and noone has bought it yet everyone is kicked off at me selling the Tele on ebay. 

I'm a bit cheesed off and tbh may stop using the forum, which is a pity as I've met some absolutely amazing people and made some good friends. This is a fantastic place and resource. 

Hi mate

While I admit I was initially surprised to see it relisted on eBay, there’s no hard feelings from me. Selling gear at the moment is very difficult unless it’s cheap or you get lucky and have something that someone else is specifically looking for. 

If you can move a guitar on without losing on what you paid out then great and I think we’d all be happy to be in the same position. 

All the best. 

Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Considering the interest on here when Keir first listed, you'd have got your £1600 back on here no problem same day.

Same on eBay, you could have put it on at £1750 buy it now no offers and it would have sold very quickly.

Yes it's embrassing but it's no reason to leave the forum, it just seems there are a rash of dealers buying all the well priced guitars on here with a thick wad of cash and then flipping them on ebay, driving up prices to the poor :(
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • antonyivantonyiv Frets: 304
    Is it really that bad if you make profit from a guitar?

Some guitars I sell quickly below the market price because I’m in a hurry and don’t really care how much I’m losing. You know what happens when GAS kicks in.

For some guitars I can wait and even make small profit.

Overall I’m break even.

Am I a bad person because Im making some money...sometimes? 
  • Having been on the forum a while I'm now at the point where I know the decent guys to deal with. 

I also know who the low ballers, time wasters, flippers and people who have been looking for an extra cheap guitar forever. 

Have a good evening everyone :-) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    Brad's sound, and he knows his Guitars. A good guy from the time I've known him on the forum, and a knowledgeable resource. It's his money, full stop.

From my own perspective on this subject, I couldn't care less who makes a profit off my back.

I sell my Guitars cheap on the forum, I do this so they sell quickly, and yes, mostly dealers hoover them up. But I couldn't care less. I get the money I want, and they can do what they want after that.

It's certainly nobody elses business, but if it bothers you as a seller that a dealer might profit out of the purchase, say so in your listing, otherwise such is life.

• robmac5150robmac5150 Frets: 185
    some you win....most (in my experience), you lose. Chasing guitars and gear in general is generally a passion not a business. I have probably lost a substantial sum of money over the years. @bgmartinsbridge  account is a sharp reminder of looking at things in context and a welcome boost to someone who has priced many guitars under their market value on this forum and come out on top for once. 
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2061
    If I own something and want to sell it then I should have the right to decide how much I want to sell it for. End of. @Kylef you were the first to comment on this one but given the below thread I would have thought you would be more understanding of that...

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/148391/

Talk about community spirit I see a guy who has been trolled into pulling his sale twice from eBay. Leave him to it, if you want the guitar negotiate if you don’t then leave it be 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    I fully admire anyone who can profit from something they’ve bought. An item, any item, is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. It’s up to the individual who owns said item to sell it for however much he/she wants to.  
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2061
    I fully admire anyone who can profit from something they’ve bought. An item, any item, is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. It’s up to the individual who owns said item to sell it for however much he/she wants to.  
    Agree. So many sellers use “Investment Guitar” as a sales pitch yet we want to take issue when someone sees an opportunity to make profit as such?
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    Damn. Always the wrong time for me with guitar stuff. This is the exact guitar I’m looking for but have to sell my les Paul first. Good price too :(
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 497
    What a lovely guitar.
  • Shocking mob mentality here. If he wants to sell it on for a profit it, good on him. He bought it so it's his guitar to do with what he wants. In fact I hope he makes a boat load off it! 
    Guitar dealer and G.A.S merchant by day: www.vibrocaster.com 
      Blues/rock singer & guitarist by night: www.alexhamiltonguitar.com

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2243
    I get the sentiment but you can do what you want with your property. The guy who sold the collection of Fender CS's under valued them on here as he wanted quick sales and lived in the sticks. I ended up buying the Fiesta Red Strat for £200 more than it was originally bought for on here, as it was still a fair value and he could have sold it for more if he wanted. 

I think maybe people are gutted when they missed out on a bargain. There is nothing wrong with selling something you own, at market value, even if the original seller didn't have the time, will or need to. 

Anyway, is you want £1600 for it, I'm interested. 
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5114
    edited June 2019
    Barnezy said:
    I get the sentiment but you can do what you want with your property. The guy who sold the collection of Fender CS's under valued them on here as he wanted quick sales and lived in the sticks. I ended up buying the Fiesta Red Strat for £200 more than it was originally bought for on here, as it was still a fair value and he could have sold it for more if he wanted. 
    Yep those CSs were all tempting, and there’s another one of them for sale again on here at a couple of hundred quid or so more than previously. It’s still not a bad price so fair game I reckon. 
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • bgmartinsbridgebgmartinsbridge Frets: 2885
    edited June 2019
    Amusingly, the immaculate 2016 R9 I sold last week for 2675 is back up for sale at 3250 on ebay. 

And my 3 pup R9 I sold for 2600 is on Reverb at 4250, if anyone wants to buy it. 

And good luck to the guys who bought them. 
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1426
    Amusingly, the immaculate 2016 R9 I sold last week for 2675 is back up for sale at 3250 on ebay. 

And my 3 pup R9 I sold for 2600 is on Reverb at 4250, if anyone wants to buy it. 

And good luck to the guys who bought them. 
    Funny that. I wonder what they’ll actually get for them. I reckon no more than £300 better for each guitar after fees, and that’s if they are really lucky. Definitely a buyers market currently.
  • @bgmartinsbridge Just saw this. Very sad. I’ve bought and sold tons on here, profiting on some and making significant losses on some. Mostly, I’ve bought stuff to try it, not settled, moved them on - and the odd one (never on here) for pure profit.

The price is the price. Don’t sell it cheap if you can’t stand somebody making on it. A PRS 513 I sold for less than £2k is up for £3,999 on eBay  :o If he gets close, he wants a medal.
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent