Donnerdeal Mooer clones

photekphotek Frets: 1469
I though I would test the waters and see if they are the same and as expected they are. Here is the trouble overdrive in the same box, packaging and probably from the same people. It is the same as e Hustle drive, gie or take a few tweaks here and there but I guess that could ne down to the variances in components from one pedal to another.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/Markcupra/66da70381b84d67b45ba5f46db06c5e4_zps9e43e163.jpg

Anyway, it arrived in around 10 days so worth grabbing them before they change company name again.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• photekphotek Frets: 1469
    edited August 2013
    I though I would test the waters and see if they are the same and as expected they are. Here is the trouble overdrive in the same box, packaging and probably from the same people. It is the same as the Hustle drive, give or take a few tweaks here and there but I guess that could be down to the variances in components from one pedal to another.
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/Markcupra/66da70381b84d67b45ba5f46db06c5e4_zps9e43e163.jpg

Anyway, it arrived in around 10 days so worth grabbing them before they change company name again.

• horsehorse Frets: 1588
    I like how they've bothered to explain what the 'RAT Distortion' is a clone of - 'Rat Distortion (cloning ProCo Rat)'

I suppose really it should be 'cloning a clone of the...'
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Has anyone had the tuner from these guys? Polytune Mini sized tuner for £20 sounds sweet to me but would be nice to hear some real world feedback.

Bit miffed there's no phaser or trem in this bargain range too, guess I'll have to stump up for Mooers!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17689
    tFB Trader
    Hmm if I were to get a Guv'nor one of those cheapy delays would be awesome for the loop.
  • KiruyaKiruya Frets: 0
    it‘s a clone of Fulltone OCD.  Its original appearance:image
    Thanks for the info ;)
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    edited August 2013
    I don't know whether its rational to be discerning between cheap clones but I prefer the look of hte mooers. Maybe its the shitty visual design whereas Mooer at least took the time to use the appropriate fonts.

I really like the Mooer distortions, even compared to the pedals they're cloning. I'm not sure if the $10 saving is worth the risk.

Also it doesent say if the analog delay is real analog or not.

This is :3 as hell though

"Third Group of ENO DR-1S have in stock now,you can place an order following your heart,let's buy it~"

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6399
    OK, stop bumping this - I keep reading the title a Doner and getting peckish !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    I got the DSO version of this, I opened it up to figure out the difference to the Mooer stuff and tbh the quality isn't on the same level.

The 9mm pots have mismatched dials, the main pot had double sided sticky tape to hold it on, the flange had an extra spacer as the clearance for the jack sockets wasn't all that.. in terms of parts it looks really good, but I think I'll be selling the insides and putting a vero ocd in the enclosure :) .. although I might just flog it and get the Canadian Zendrive...

A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28753
    I've merged the two threads (I assume one was created in error). :)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    not announcing a 1590a Valvesporker? Pah (goes off muttering to self)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2373
    hugbot said:
    I don't know whether its rational to be discerning between cheap clones but I prefer the look of hte mooers. Maybe its the shitty visual design whereas Mooer at least took the time to use the appropriate fonts.
    That's what I thought too when I first saw them. It's probably silly to be differentiating cheapo clones based on the paintjob (that kind of daft prejudice is only ok with megabucks boutique clones :P ) but these eno ones sure do look cheap :))

I have a vague feeling there were guts on TGP and the mooers seemed to be using (slightly) nicer parts. But I suspect they're much of a muchness, and as has been pointed out, it's a bit too much of a coincidence with the box the same, etc. etc. etc.
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    mike257 said:
    Has anyone had the tuner from these guys? Polytune Mini sized tuner for £20 sounds sweet to me but would be nice to hear some real world feedback.
    Yes, I had one. It was fine for the price. Only sold it as my idea for a mini pedal board was abandoned. I'd get another.
    Dave_Mc said:
    That's what I thought too when I first saw them. It's probably silly to be differentiating cheapo clones based on the paintjob (that kind of daft prejudice is only ok with megabucks boutique clones :P ) but these eno ones sure do look cheap :))

From what I saw, they're not quite as good as the Mooers. For instance, the Mooers had a packing piece behind the input/output jack so you could tighten the nut properly...these didn't. Also they'd designed the enclosure wrong and had to add a spacer in to prevent the innards fouling. Good enough for the money though.
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    @martinw - thanks, just wanted to hear from a real person that it worked reliably enough before I grabbed one. I've got a pretty small and tidy board that I'd like to keep that way but there's one or two 'occasional use' pedals I'd like to add. If I can ditch the TU-2 for one of these I might just be able to squeeze a couple of 1590a boxes in the gaps I've got!
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2373
    martinw said:
    From what I saw, they're not quite as good as the Mooers. For instance, the Mooers had a packing piece behind the input/output jack so you could tighten the nut properly...these didn't. Also they'd designed the enclosure wrong and had to add a spacer in to prevent the innards fouling. Good enough for the money though.
    You've looked closer than me (not to mention know way more about electronics)- will defer to what you're saying. :)

Problem is I got my mooers for less than these ones :))
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader

Dave_Mc said:

Yeah,  Mooers at those prices are now looking like a real bargain :)

They're now a fair price still, as are these cheaper ones, but it's more in line with 'you get what you pay for.'

Dave_Mc said:
    martinw said:
    You've looked closer than me (not to mention know way more about electronics)- will defer to what you're saying. :)

Where did you get your mooers for less than £20 out of interest?
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17689
    tFB Trader
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    wow   they are cheap!    And they don't even bother to disguise the cloning on some pedals
    eg  crunchbox   deep blue delay

Not sure how that makes me feel about them but at those prices, if I was looking for pedals I'd be tempted.

• dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    Wow that Mad Professor is several steps too far. I can just about cope with copying a circuit but to rip of a brand, then ive got a real issue with it, do you honestly think the crooks who make the MP "clone" are bothered at all what it sounds like.