Donnerdeal Mooer clones

2»

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17694
    tFB Trader
    Yes it does take the ethics down a step. 

Most of the clone delays are MP circuits apparently. 

I'm not sure who would be fooled as they look quite wrong. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2378
    edited August 2013
    martinw said:

Yeah,  Mooers at those prices are now looking like a real bargain :)

They're now a fair price still, as are these cheaper ones, but it's more in line with 'you get what you pay for.'

Yeah definitely. On the one hand I'm slightly kicking myself that I didn't get a few more. But at least the ones I ended up getting were the ones I really needed (sort of), the other ones I'd have only really been getting because at that price it was hard to resist.
    photek said:
    Where did you get your mooers for less than £20 out of interest?
    Sorry for the ambiguity there, as monquixote said, I paid ~£28 IIRC on marcmart. I've heard of a few people getting them for slightly less than that- wtfaccessories, when it was still around, had package deals where you could pay a little less than that if you were willing to buy a bunch at once, and I've also heard of "best offers" on ebay which ended up slightly beating the marcmart prices, but I doubt you were getting them for much less than £25.

I thought I'd seen prices on these Enos for around £30 (maybe that was just on UK Ebay), so I was basing my "I got my Mooers for less than that!" bragging on that :))
  • swlabrswlabr Frets: 29
    Yes it does take the ethics down a step. 

Most of the clone delays are MP circuits apparently. 

I'm not sure who would be fooled as they look quite wrong. 
    Yeah, that's what they told me at MP when I posted them the link to the DBD after I posted this at late MR.

Still think the same. Could scam some people if sold on the bay using pics of a real one
  • horsehorse Frets: 1588
    This discussion gave me gas back at the end of August, and I ended up ordering a couple of cheap pedals - one each from dx.com and donner. Thought I'd post up my experiences in case anybody is wondering about ordering from them.

The joyo US Dream I ordered from dx.com arrived in a couple of weeks no problem.

The rat clone from donner didn't turn up within a month, so I contacted the seller who explained about delays in being able to ship out of hong kong, and I eventually opened a paypal dispute to avoid missing their deadline. Donner gave me the refund no problem, and the pedal eventually arrived this week - around 7 - 8 weeks after ordering. It's a pretty cool pedal for £20 delivered even factoring in the delivery time!

So I'd order from both of them again so long as I wasn't in a hurry.