Gibson warning video over trademark infringements

What's Hot

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7181
    Gibson a pretty easy target now eh? wish people would just lay off them, they're obviously hurting from all this
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    16reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1337
    Imagine if only a Gibson was actually good enough.

Then none of this would be happening.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5882
    tony99 said:
    Gibson a pretty easy target now eh? wish people would just lay off them, they're obviously hurting from all this
    Yep, a public relation disaster like that should garner so much sympathy. They're only hurting from their own stupidity. How on Earth did they expect that to go down?
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tony99 said:
    Yep, a public relation disaster like that should garner so much sympathy. They're only hurting from their own stupidity. How on Earth did they expect that to go down?
    I know mate, and it's fair enough, But let's face it, everyone makes mistakes, and the way people are piling into them now is unnecessarily kicking someone while they're down.

It's bullying basically.
    18reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4178
    tony99 said:
    tony99 said:
    I know mate, and it's fair enough, But let's face it, everyone makes mistakes, and the way people are piling into them now is unnecessarily kicking someone while they're down.

It's bullying basically.
    No. Mark Agnesi going on YT saying "you have been warned" and threatening like a psychopath is bullying,
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
    They weren't looking for sympathy, just a little respect, is that so hard?

Aren't we all guilty of that?
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2620
    tFB Trader
    tony99 said:
    tony99 said:

It's bullying basically.
    I donno…  While I do think people go way over the top on he internet, well that's just how it is.. if you want to play the game you gotta expect if you screw up like this it will go viral.

But also remember. If Gibson had their way we would all have bought a 2015 with horrid features, paid them 30% more than the previous year for the privilege and then expected to bend over and ask for more...  I love my Gibsons and am glad they are still around.. But their marketing bullshit is just beyond belief, to a point where its almost a joke. True True Historic Reissue of a reissue or whatever...  They have brought this on themselves somewhat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    tony99 said:
    They weren't looking for sympathy, just a little respect, is that so hard?

Aren't we all guilty of that?
    Stop. Please stop. I’m gonna piss myself laughing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    And so the ganging up starts, the hyenas must be ready to feast.

*strums Gibbo mournfully
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2019 tFB Trader
    tony99 said:

*strums Gibbo mournfully
    No one is ganging up on anyone...

As I say.. I love my Gibsons... I am a member of the Gibson forum and have been for years...  Even Gibson must have realised their own mistake as they are the ones who took it down..  They must have done that for a reason..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    But they lolled me Rabs, they lolled me soooo bad
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    Rabs said:
    tony99 said:

*strums Gibbo mournfully
    No one is ganging up on anyone...

As I say.. I love my Gibsons... I am a member of the Gibson forum and have been for years...  Even Gibson must have realised their own mistake as they are the ones who took it down..  They must have done that for a reason..
    I own two Gibson’s. Love them both. Both had major qc issues though which I had to fix.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    tony99 said:
    Ignore it...  I think "they" did that to me for at least my first 18 months on here.. I now just think its funny.. All they are doing is adding to your fret score  :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Rabs said:
    tony99 said:
    Ignore it...  I think "they" did that to me for at least my first 18 months on here.. I now just think its funny.. All they are doing is adding to your fret score  :)
    Ah now that just makes me feel worse, just like Gibson, which of course commonly have lesser frets.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12295
    tony99 said:
    It's OK, we are only coming after you once we have Gibson's lunch money...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • arayadisarayadis Frets: 47
    Money, money, money... Just keep the quality high and make reasonable pricing. If Gibson studios better than the fake ones nobody gonna buy other brands.
  • tony99 said:
    It is hard to feel any sympathy whatsoever for a company as arrogant and complacent as Gibson, who treat their workers like slaves, their customers with contempt (prices, lack of QC etc. etc) and who have raised marketing BS to a new level.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11504
    arayadis said:
    Money, money, money... Just keep the quality high and make reasonable pricing. If Gibson studios better than the fake ones nobody gonna buy other brands.
    Given US labour costs and other overheads, it would be hard to make Gibsons at the same price point as some of the Chinese stuff.  I think people would be willing to pay some kind of premium for the name though - if the quality was there.  The quality isn't there all the time though.

This video was a stupid idea, and from what I can see, this court case against Dean is ridiculous.  I guess they are hoping for a hometown jury, and also that Dean won't have the financial resources to keep paying lawyers to fight it.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72955
    crunchman said:

Given US labour costs and other overheads, it would be hard to make Gibsons at the same price point as some of the Chinese stuff.  I think people would be willing to pay some kind of premium for the name though - if the quality was there.  The quality isn't there all the time though.
    The problem for Gibson is that the hole Henry dug them with his ridiculous corporate-growth-built-on-debt strategy is far deeper than the one Norlin left them in. They simply can't afford to reduce prices or seriously invest in QC improvement if it's not simple steps which have very little cost, even though it's what the majority of their buyers are crying out for - and even if they did and people started buying them in vast quantities, they would mostly increase turnover rather than profits. Worse, with the internet and the rise of alternatives at the high end - which barely existed in 1981 - many of the people who would pay high-end prices are looking elsewhere. So all they have left is the small number who *must* have a Gibson - or in fact, many Gibsons - at any price... and try to squeeze all their income out of them.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11504
    ICBM said:
    crunchman said:

The problem for Gibson is that the hole Henry dug them with his ridiculous corporate-growth-built-on-debt strategy is far deeper than the one Norlin left them in. They simply can't afford to reduce prices or seriously invest in QC improvement if it's not simple steps which have very little cost, even though it's what the majority of their buyers are crying out for - and even if they did and people started buying them in vast quantities, they would mostly increase turnover rather than profits. Worse, with the internet and the rise of alternatives at the high end - which barely existed in 1981 - many of the people who would pay high-end prices are looking elsewhere. So all they have left is the small number who *must* have a Gibson - or in fact, many Gibsons - at any price... and try to squeeze all their income out of them.
    Wasn't a lot of that debt written off by the Chapter 11 bankruptcy?