SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Something from 1965

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MototechMototech Frets: 104
    peteri said:
    If you're thinking about Gibsons, I'd smudge the year to 64 for the wider nut.

If you decide to do that, let me know ;)
    Just out of interest, what do you have?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • peteri said:
    If you're thinking about Gibsons, I'd smudge the year to 64 for the wider nut.

If you decide to do that, let me know ;)
    65 is a transitional year in terms of nut - my ‘65 SG Jr has the wider nut, 64 dated pots and looks to be earlier in the year. Something else to be aware of for the OP if looking at 65 Gibson you can wind up with something that’s wide or thin nut and the neck could be slim or chunky. Depends which you prefer.

I also keep seeing your 64 SG and lusting but the bank balance is definitely telling me to behave!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    If you're into the more 'student' end of the model ranges like the Melody Maker, you can still get a '65 Fender Mustang for not that silly money, or one of the solid-body Rickenbacker 400 series. The Mustang does have a short scale and often a fairly skinny neck, but the Ricks are actually Gibson scale and the necks - although narrow - are often a bit fatter.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 25006
    My ex-wife’s from 1965....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gibbo666gibbo666 Frets: 24
    I've got a rather road-worn (aren't we all?) 1965 Gibson J-45, but I wouldn't let it go for less than £2,500 - beautiful guitar, but is that outside your budget?

Cheers!

Clive.