Watches, then?

What's Hot

Comments

• I probably won't get one as it'll need modding to fit mine, but I'll keep it in mind if mine gets knackered. Really tempted by a leather NATO but that'll make it a lot less work-appropriate.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    Oh dear. After months of not seeing any in stock anywhere and just 12 hours after ordering the Seiko I have splurged and have one of these arriving tomorrow:

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/waspy/Watches/alpha3.jpg
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3695
    I've got the Omega SMP, love the wavy dial which they did away with on the later versions.

You can see it better in this pic...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I like this one. "Only" nice thousand of your english pounds. It's also HUGE at 46 mm plus a gigantic crown.

I love those. Flight watches are ace.
    Ermm...did I metion that I have a sub on the way? Good job it was less than a tenner!

I suspect that the Bond Style NATO strap that I want to put it on may cost more than the watch!
    The Alpha has a ripple dial. Very excited.
  • Niallmo said:
    Ermm...did I metion that I have a sub on the way? Good job it was less than a tenner!

I suspect that the Bond Style NATO strap that I want to put it on may cost more than the watch!
    The Alpha has a ripple dial. Very excited.
    I should hap to suggest that the strap is probably worth more, too.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    FX_Munkee said:
    @Niallmo my daily is the orange version of the SKX007 (the SKX013) and I can heartily recommend getting a replacement bracelet for it from this guy
    I've got his President bracelet on mine and it's fantastic. The heft/solidity of the watch is properly matched by the strap now. I know they're not cheap but they're definitely worth what you're paying.

I can tell that dicks on the bracelet on my SNZF just from the pics. Do you get any rattle from it? (obviously always going to get a little, but you know what I mean?
    I'm a big fan of Seiko watches but the bracelets on the SKX and similar are crap - I hate pressed steel clasps! I've got one Seiko watch that has a really nice bracelet with machined clasps but I've changed most of the rest over to leather or rubber bands. The Di Modell Chronissimo is a damn fine strap!
  • Gagaryn said:
    FX_Munkee said:
    @Niallmo my daily is the orange version of the SKX007 (the SKX013) and I can heartily recommend getting a replacement bracelet for it from this guy
    I've got his President bracelet on mine and it's fantastic. The heft/solidity of the watch is properly matched by the strap now. I know they're not cheap but they're definitely worth what you're paying.

I can tell that dicks on the bracelet on my SNZF just from the pics. Do you get any rattle from it? (obviously always going to get a little, but you know what I mean?
    I'm a big fan of Seiko watches but the bracelets on the SKX and similar are crap - I hate pressed steel clasps! I've got one Seiko watch that has a really nice bracelet with machined clasps but I've changed most of the rest over to leather or rubber bands. The Di Modell Chronissimo is a damn fine strap!
    Definitely check out wJean (that's who I linked to before) and yobokies straps. I think they exist because your not alone in thinking the watches are brilliant but the straps are definitely made to fit the budget.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • I have a wind up 18k gold Bueche Girod .
    Had it since 1983.Never wear it.
    Is it worth anything?
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2097
    Pal of mine just had his 10yr Omega Seamaster Auto serviced, it was losing 18s per day.

They kept it for 7 weeks, replaced the fingers and side buttons, then when he collected it the buttons didnt work, all for a mere £470 !

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3695
    I have a wind up 18k gold Bueche Girod .
    Had it since 1983.Never wear it.
    Is it worth anything?
    The weight of the gold most likely  unless a chronograph or timeless design (unlikely) 

Beuche Girod were very popular back in the '80's and all AFAIK were made of precious metals.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27674
    Bump!

Any Hamilton owners about?

I have my first ever bonus coming next month, and Jomashop have a sale on, so it seems rude not to. Thinking about one of these, the snappily-named Hamilton Khaki Field Auto 40mm...

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33928
    edited July 2015
    I bought an Apple watch.
    I paid for my groceries by waving the watch over the card machine earlier today.
    It is neat, if geeky.

Battery life is only good for a day of course.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    I bought this. does me fine.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    Very nice.   
    I've got a Hamilton Jazzmaster I wear for work, instead of my hefty planet ocean.    I bought mine from creation - the prices there are very good  (I've bought two watches there this year).
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27674
    octatonic;713207" said:
    I bought an Apple watch.I paid for my groceries by waving the watch over the card machine earlier today.It is neat, if geeky.

I sat next to a guy with one on a plane at the weekend. Seemed a nice thing and very readable at arms length.

I actually think I'd use it more than most too, but I don't want to stop wearing a normal watch, and I REALLY don't want to be the guy wearing 2!
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33928
    octatonic;713207" said:
    I bought an Apple watch.I paid for my groceries by waving the watch over the card machine earlier today.It is neat, if geeky.

I sat next to a guy with one on a plane at the weekend. Seemed a nice thing and very readable at arms length.

I actually think I'd use it more than most too, but I don't want to stop wearing a normal watch, and I REALLY don't want to be the guy wearing 2!
    It was a gamble- I haven't worn a watch in years.
    I use it loads actually.
    It is good to be able to see who texts you if you are in the middle of something.
    I like the fitness stuff, being able to check stock prices, check weather, control the Apple TV, use the watch as a viewfinder for the camera and control the shutter.

One of the best things about it though is how it directs you in maps- a left haptic feedback blip is for a left turn, right for a right turn.
    And the payment stuff.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12493
    stickyfiddle;713201" said:
    Bump!

Any Hamilton owners about?

I have my first ever bonus coming next month, and Jomashop have a sale on, so it seems rude not to. Thinking about one of these, the snappily-named Hamilton Khaki Field Auto 40mm...

http://i.imgur.com/JZipQ72.jpg
    I've got one virtually the same, but with a simpler black face and brown strap. My wife got it for me as a wedding gift. Nice watch and it's very accurate. Only downside is it doesn't go as long as they claim without winding/ wearing. Supposed to be 42 hours but mine will only manage round 30.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I like the Hamilton Jazzmaster skeletons. I think my next purchase will be one of the Seiko Monsters though. A step up in movement from my 5. I quite fancy an Orient at some point too. I'm a fan of Japanese watches.
    My V key is broken