*shakes head*
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12049
    edited July 2019
    tony99 said:
    oh Raymond

*shakes head*
    What can I say, I like to have facts to back up my claims.  

But I may be wrong saying he is arguably a great actor, evidently he isn't.  I was wrong there it seems! 
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12456
    Thats because all the top directors and producers couldnt afford to pay the kind of money that Lyndhurst so richly deserves, so they've blocked him from google searches to try to push him out of the picture. Now then when your boyfriend Danny Boyle dreamt up  the movie "Yesterday" what he didnt tell anyone was that he had binged on Goodnight Sweetheart the week before on UK Gold. Hes a stone cold plagiarist. And when you said you would support the marriage of me and Nicholas were you thinking support emotionally or financially? Is it cheeky to ask for B&Q vouchers?
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Dubious management and casting choices aside and Nick could have been up there in those lists. The problem was Only Fools was such a massive hit it over shadows much of his career. 

Happens to many great British actors though, just look at Adam Woodyatt and think what could have been. 

Such a shame really. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2019
    Dubious management and casting choices aside and Nick could have been up there in those lists. The problem was Only Fools was such a massive hit it over shadows much of his career. 

Happens to many great British actors though, just look at Adam Woodyatt and think what could have been. 

Such a shame really. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV's_50_Greatest_Stars

This one is Fantastic though…I mean David Jason No.1….then….eh? Ant & Dec is No. 7! Jamie Oliver at No. 34?

Lol
    Thats because all the top directors and producers couldnt afford to pay the kind of money that Lyndhurst so richly deserves, so they've blocked him from google searches to try to push him out of the picture. Now then when your boyfriend Danny Boyle dreamt up  the movie "Yesterday" what he didnt tell anyone was that he had binged on Goodnight Sweetheart the week before on UK Gold. Hes a stone cold plagiarist. And when you said you would support the marriage of me and Nicholas were you thinking support emotionally or financially? Is it cheeky to ask for B&Q vouchers?
    Can you even see the screen with that much straw on your lap? 
    Woodyatt could have been the next Tom Hardy or Day-Lewis. He really gives it everything whether he's dodging heavies in the square or just havin a nice cup of rosy lee down the Caff.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7201
    I like Woodyatt, his vagrant in a wooly hat period in Eastenders was heartwrenching.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Lyndhurst has been plagued by bad luck. The number of times he couldn't get his car started or the bus was too late to get him to some of the most important, career defining auditions in any actor's life. Fate robbed poor old Rodney, the plonker.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tony99 said:
    oh Raymond

*shakes head*
    btw I know what he is doing….Adam Sandler lol
    Sassafras said:
    Lyndhurst has been plagued by bad luck. The number of times he couldn't get his car started or the bus was too late to get him to some of the most important, career defining auditions in any actor's life. Fate robbed poor old Rodney, the plonker.
    It's those who want to deny him his place at the top table that get me, I've nothing against Only Fools and Horses, but some people just didn't want him to break out of that dippy younger brother sidekick role.

Soon as he shows his talents as a protagonist, a leading role, they try and sweep his achievements under the table, as though it never happened.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Trouble is the poor sod keeps getting pipped at the post by lesser talents such as Tom Cruise and Johnny Depp because he doesn't have the classic chiselled good looks of a stereotypical leading man. Such superficial reasons have kept Rodney back his entire life. Hollywood casting directors don't understand that audiences are sick of the pretty boy types.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16353
    I refer you back to my earlier point.

https://i.imgur.com/jPx8HSa.jpg

They show GNS on the Yesterday channel. THE FRIGGIN YESTERDAY CHANNEL! There is no end to the lazy plagiarism. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    tony99 said:
    oh Raymond

*shakes head*
    btw I know what he is doing….Adam Sandler lol
    Still love you baby x
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 632
    FFS it's an imaginary fucking rom-com and I liked it regardless, made me laugh a lot especially the manager.

Highly recommended, go and see it and enjoy it for a fun film.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3109
    Can't believe we've got this far without discussing the earlier Dervla Kirwan incarnation of GNS. For me the later Liz Carling version of Phoebe wasn't as haunting generally. Reg Deadman is a triumph throughout imo. Hopefully Boyle finds time for a homage to these unsung characters with this new vehicle.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    Who’s this Rodney you all keep taking about?  I thought his name was Dave?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19335
    Sassafras said:
    Trouble is the poor sod keeps getting pipped at the post by lesser talents such as Tom Cruise and Johnny Depp because he doesn't have the classic chiselled good looks of a stereotypical leading man. Such superficial reasons have kept Rodney back his entire life. Hollywood casting directors don't understand that audiences are sick of the pretty boy types.
    He came very close to achieving redemption in 'New Tricks' off of the telly.
    Acted that old thespian genius Dennis Waterman off the screen.
    Legend!  :3
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7699
    Does anyone else remember the american teen entertainment series where a brother and sister were whisked off to some fantasy land of odd creatures - and one episode revolved around the plot of this film - them plagiarising Beatles songs and getting famous - ? It was the first thing I remembered when I heard about this film.

anyway, saw it this evening (the film, not the american teen entertainment series from the 80s/90s/) and thought it was really good 
    Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said:
    Does anyone else remember the american teen entertainment series where a brother and sister were whisked off to some fantasy land of odd creatures - and one episode revolved around the plot of this film - them plagiarising Beatles songs and getting famous - ? It was the first thing I remembered when I heard about this film.

Occasionally, sitcoms from other countries are remade to be more acceptable to varied international audiences. Examples of these could be how Ricky Gervais' The Office was remade for an american audience, or conversely how the american programme Married With Children was remade over here with Russ Abbot in the Al Bundy role.

I actually remember the programme you mentioned, it was basically the american take on classic british sitcom Goodnight Sweetheart that starred Nicholas Lyndhurst.