Banned from the GearPage

What's Hot

Comments

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4180
    edited August 2019
    This forum is basically grumpy old men complaining about the weather and fake strings. TGP on the other hand is home to P&W psychopaths.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    I looked at other forums before deciding to join this one and I noticed that tFB was the least passive/aggressive.
    Here, the members are flat out insulting and I respect that openness and forthrightness.
    I also found a lot of Muricans strangely paranoid, defensive, averse to banter and lacking in humour.
    This place has more of a community feel to it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:
    I looked at other forums before deciding to join this one and I noticed that tFB was the least passive/aggressive.
    Here, the members are flat out insulting and I respect that openness and forthrightness.
    I also found a lot of Muricans strangely paranoid, defensive, averse to banter and lacking in humour.
    C'mon, we all know you're the village sock account.

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8601
    I got banned from the NRA forum. They're really going to regret that.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4180
    edited August 2019
    Kilgore said:
    I got banned from the NRA forum. They're really going to regret that.
    Is that one of the sub-forums of TGP?
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4071
    edited August 2019
    Sassafras said:
    ...Here, the members are flat out insulting and I respect that openness and forthrightness.
    I saw that in the old Sonar forum which fell apart due to a skilful troll who appeared when Sonar stopped moderating and it became a free for all.  The troll was a funny bastard -- but the mostly US posters had no idea how to handle his baiting.  Even when he said in one of the endless threads about how to get rid of the troll, "Just don't answer me back.  Ignore me!" they couldn't.  Someone would always rise to the bait to have one final word -- for several pages. 
    I always suspected that UK posters would have been more likely to take the piss and pull the troll's legs off in a non-serious way.
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    When I lived in the States I used to spend a lot of time reading posts on TGP and occasionally putting a few posts in myself. Since moving back to Blighty I have hardly ever gone back on TGP. I never had much of a problem with it - mainly because I steered clear of anything to do with God, guns, and the GOP :)There are some good people on TGP and lots of good information and advice, but I much prefer it here - good people, good information, and much, much funnier.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12052
    I got a warning for saying “that orange buffoon”, didn’t say the T word at all.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73061
    WiresDreamDisasters said:

He is a very knowledgeable guy. But he's also a total weapon. So there's that. He flat out denied that there was such a thing as nonlinear resonance, regardless of how many white papers I posted. And I wasn't being crass or demeaning when we had the discussion. I was legit trying to get to the bottom of whether nonlinear resonance could be a factor in why IR's sound different to guitar cabs under a microphone.
    How strange. Although - without directly comparing the two of them ;) - it's apparently true that for all his genius regarding relativity, Einstein never really accepted quantum mechanics.

I haven't looked into that particular topic at all, but in my opinion one of the main reasons what we call 'tone' is so complex and subjective is that almost everything to do with it is non-linear.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4071
    “orange buffoon”
    If this isn't the name of a pedal yet it really should be!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    I found Harmony Central to be full of massive stars 'n stripes-waving bigots and some open racists.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    What I find most disturbing about all this is that Drew's got a "big blue titted arse".
    Grunfeld said:
    “orange buffoon”
    It has to then be followed by a tape delay call The Lie Detector.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8849
    Grunfeld said:
    “orange buffoon”
    @ThorpyFX ;
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6178
    Grunfeld said:
    “orange buffoon”
    Ideal for that farting speaker sound.
    Roland said:
    Grunfeld said:
    “orange buffoon”
    @ThorpyFX ;
    Quick google shows both available.  =)
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16382
    I stumble into TGP occasionally and the content seems wholly vacuous so I don't understand why it seen as having any kind of standing. Typical thing seems to be New Pedal From MXR then ten pages of bad guesswork about what it will do . I guess they had some relatively big names post on there in the past. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    I find their relentless enthusiasm for gear that is later exposed as bogus such as Freakish Blues and Vertex incredibly funny.
    I love the way they indiscriminately swallow the hype hook, line and sinker.
    This forum has been criticised for its negativity but I'd rather that than the blithe acceptance of the latest sensational, revolutionary, the only pedal you'll ever need hogwash.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825
    jdgm said:
    ...bigots and some open racists.

Lol
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Sassafras said:
    That's been my experience also. For a nation that seems to pride itself on free speech and 'manning up', US guitar forums seem to be full of insecure, oversensitive bed wetters
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom