Banned from the GearPage

What's Hot

Comments

• At the end of the day, the mods over there are a bunch of cumdumpsters that smell of New York piss. The users are mostly okay though. 

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4180
    At the end of the day, the mods over there are a bunch of cumdumpsters that smell of New York piss. The users are mostly okay though. 
    I think it's better to trash the whole lot of them, just to be sure.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7042
    At the end of the day, the mods over there are a bunch of cumdumpsters that smell of New York piss. The users are mostly okay though. 
    Similar to here then ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5190
    mrkb said:
    Similar to here then ;)
    Pretty much none of us smell of New York piss, thank you very much. 

We have a far higher quality of urinal odours.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12052
    Reverend said:
    mrkb said:
    Similar to here then ;)
    Pretty much none of us smell of New York piss, thank you very much. 

We have a far higher quality of urinal odours.
    Speak for yourself, I love myself some Asparagus.
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2280
    I got a warning for a rude emoticon. I asked for a permaban because I couldn't garuntee that I wouldn't do so again. Sorted. 
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15874
    never even got so much as a friendly warning from the mods there

ofc, never actually even registered there let alone posted, but still, my point stands. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24690
    edited August 2019
    Can't we have a bit of fun here - you know a sort of 'clan troll raid' - just for the craic like ?

Loads of us sign up and confuse the fuck out of them with shit like pro-US, pro-gun, neo-con views but also anti-Trump ?  Then watch them implode or end up like this....

...OR...  Pro-Trump, and Gay....   No!  Gay & Black !

...OR... Pro-Bernie, Homophobic & Anti-Semitic 

Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27086
    mrkb said:
    Similar to here then ;)
    <space for hire>
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    mrkb said:
    Similar to here then ;)

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14772
    Never given much attention to TGP. Other US musical equipment enthusiast forums that I have visited do, understandably, reflect the prejudices of the bulk of their membership.

It is unfair to dismiss ALL Americans at a stroke. There are exceptions to the sweeping generalisations. For instance, it took me by surprise when a mixed race character I knew through the Seymour Duncan forum and TMR Zoo Bulletin Board turned out to have voted for Trump in 2016.  :o

It helps if a forum has invitation-only private group chat rooms. This way, it is possible for a bunch of interested/informed people to go off-topic without inane interruption. At the Seymour Duncan forum, MacArthur's Corrective Group enabled a bunch of Brits and Strines to debate Ashes Cricket and sledge each other a bit.

Ultimately, everyone is entitled to an opinion. The mistake is to expect anyone else to take any notice.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6178
    It is unfair to dismiss ALL Americans at a stroke. There are exceptions to the sweeping generalisations. For instance, it took me by surprise when a mixed race character I knew through the Seymour Duncan forum and TMR Zoo Bulletin Board turned out to have voted for Trump in 2016.  :o

You're right, it is unfair to dismiss all Americans but until they rid us of trump it's going to carry on happening.

I'm surprised that you're surprised about your trump voter. Dumb transcends race, sex and creed.
     :) 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chromatunachromatuna Frets: 375
    Grunfeld said:
    Sassafras said:
    ...Here, the members are flat out insulting and I respect that openness and forthrightness.
    I also found a lot of Muricans strangely paranoid, defensive, averse to banter and lacking in humour.
    I saw that in the old Sonar forum which fell apart due to a skilful troll who appeared when Sonar stopped moderating and it became a free for all.  The troll was a funny bastard -- but the mostly US posters had no idea how to handle his baiting.  Even when he said in one of the endless threads about how to get rid of the troll, "Just don't answer me back.  Ignore me!" they couldn't.  Someone would always rise to the bait to have one final word -- for several pages. 
    I always suspected that UK posters would have been more likely to take the piss and pull the troll's legs off in a non-serious way.
    Is it weird that it struck me that ‘Skilful Troll’ is a brilliant name for a pedal?

How does one leave TGP? I haven’t yet found a way to delete my account
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
  • danodano Frets: 1613
    I just looked up my account on TGP.  I registered in NOV 2006 and last logged in DEC 2012.

Don't miss it. 

I do occasionally read it but don't have any interest to.login back in. There are only a certain amount of boutique tubescreamers fuzzes I can take. Much rather play.

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11519
    dano said:
    I just looked up my account on TGP.  I registered in NOV 2006 and last logged in DEC 2012.

Don't miss it. 

I do occasionally read it but don't have any interest to.login back in. There are only a certain amount of boutique tubescreamers fuzzes I can take. Much rather play.

My account pre-dates the site update.  Nothing that old on there anymore.  Lurk there very occasionally, but haven't posted for 15 years.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31149
    I once asked on one of the gun threads if a guy's rifle was compensating for a lack of caliber elsewhere.

The reason given for my ban was 'referencing a member's penis size in a derogatory manner'.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15874
    was it the referencing or the manner that got you banned?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Pah ... see how many hours you last on the Fender Discussion Page .. more people banned from that than died in WW2. I lasted about 24 hours ... seems to be full of red neck country boys and ageing blues players.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73061
    Fretwired said:
    Pah ... see how many hours you last on the Fender Discussion Page .. more people banned from that than died in WW2. I lasted about 24 hours ... seems to be full of red neck country boys and ageing blues players.
    I was threatened with a ban from there for some reason, I forget exactly what now... just never went back.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Gassage said:
    I once asked on one of the gun threads if a guy's rifle was compensating for a lack of caliber elsewhere.

The reason given for my ban was 'referencing a member's penis size in a derogatory manner'.
    If you’re gonna get banned, may as well be for something worthwhile